my first gebe build

Hey Vega,

Nice build! I just got the same exact kit and installed it on my bike. I am thinking that I am getting about 150 MPG on it. I put an extra fuel bottle (the MSR hiking type) on my bike and it is pretty handy when you need to fuel up on the run.

-Walt

hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine, trying to finish up the electrics for the project, a 12 volt horn, brake light etc, once done i will post some more pics HOPEFULLY of the completed project, although as am learning as every day goes by they never really are FINISHED!!!!!

Last edited:
Search around the forums, a few guys including myself are using 12v systems with automotive/scooter/motorcycle parts to make pretty sick electrical systems.

yeap if you have a question search first, i have so many bookmarks, one of these days i got get round to organizing them!!!!!

just finished off two new wheels for the bicycle they have a heavier 12 guage spoke which i got from the local bike store for $40 each, my old 14 had a wicked wobble on the front wheel one day, i noticed when i was trying to bomb down the road.....

Have ordered a smaller 12 volt scooter horn,the car horn almost blew my ear drums out...
a new throttle cable the old one got busted up when the bike had a fight with my wheelbarrow, and some connectors for wiring my 12 volt system together.

well i have been using my bike for about 1 month commuting 3 days, around 60 to 70 miles a week, so far everything is running smooth.

I got to stop modifying, still not happy with the light setup at the back put i am going to leave it alone for a couple of months and maybe some other inspiration will hit me.

I have decided to frame mount the engine, here i go at it again but i need the space on the axle to fit the trailer hitch. Anyhow just went down to the local diy store and picked up a heavy duty tie which i will butcher to make the mounts with.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8698&highlight=frame+mount+gebe
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6294&highlight=frame+mount+gebe

i think between both of them i should be able to make it happen.

BikeTweak Syndrome

Paddy, your ride is a beaut and will always be as you wish.

I fear that tweaking is an addiction that may be incurable. I thought I was finished after the fenders and now adding a few little split wire clips to anchor drive ring and a (needed I think) rear view mirror.

Methinks, I need help!

mounted at last

well spent the last two days, cutting, measuring and making the mounts to attach it to the bike, completed the project this morning and grabbing some spare minutes here and there.

I will add some extra side mounts between the frame and the engine mount, i have the steel waiting in the garage will do first thing in the morning.

This is so going to work better for me, i can now fit the trailer hitch easily without trying to get a longer axle. Feels super solid and with a couple of washers in the right place the belt is dead centered on the gear cog, something i could never quite manage with it resting on the axle. I also added one more 5mm bolt to the mounting plate and used 3/8 bolts with nylon lock screws to attach to the engine mount.

well the bike is almost finished just have to rig those extra side straps, get all the electrical wiring rigged backup and will soon be back out humming along.

washers in use: (forgot to upload pic.)
http://motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9211&d=1216164576

Attachments

• tn_PICT0034.JPG
    tn_PICT0034.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 463
  • tn_PICT0035.JPG
    tn_PICT0035.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 963
  • tn_PICT0038.JPG
    tn_PICT0038.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 375
  • tn_PICT0041.JPG
    tn_PICT0041.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Rack Support

Most excellent adaptation. I prefer more vertical engines for looks and control, but that adaptation will be fine and will run like a dream, with trailer in tow.

How farging cool!

Please post pics when all finished.

I have thought about tying a golf cart (somehow) behind my bike to haul my sticks and other stuff.

Your work has given me incentive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back