My new Toy - Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike

Yes, I wanted twice the distance. I carry the extra battery in my saddle bags.
I used some green foam board to fabricate a box for me extra battery while in the saddle bag.

Seems to help cushion and protect the battery from all the jostlin and banging around.

Ride Safe!! :cool:

HP

I used some green foam board to fabricate a box for me extra battery while in the saddle bag.

Seems to help cushion and protect the battery from all the jostlin and banging around.

Ride Safe!! :cool:

HP
Yes that's a good Idea. I just wrap mile with a towel But now I might find a piece of soft foam and wrap it with that. (y)
I wasn't too worried about it getting jostled from riding I'm worried about it hitting the ground if I wipe out.
So if I wrap it with a piece of foam it should be safe as a bug in a rug. -HOPEFULLY- Those batteries are so damn expensive.

I've seen other Rad Rover owners mount an extra battery on the rear rack with a homemade mount. I don't want to do that
I'll leave the rack clear so I can carry whatever I want whenever I want.
Shock of impact is kinda unavoidable if ya wipe out.

Rad Power Bikes offer a travel case for the battery and charger that has a hard shell padded inside But it's kinda expensive @ $59
But it is nice to be ably to carry your battery in case during bike transport with a car

OK - -now I'm a bit jealous. - Gorgeous pictures - a real treat to watch.
No wonder you like your house.
Come over for a 🍺 and a BBQ
I'll fire up the Hot Tub too, then we'll sit around the outside Fire🔥Pit and talk story.

Thought I would show you guys the cool little tool kit that came with my Rover
DSCF4208.JPGDSCF4209.JPG

I ordered a special bottle holder for my Rover. It can hold 2 bottles if I want
DSCF4211.JPG

The bottle holder bracket mounts to where the front rack would mount. But I'm not gonna mount a front rack
I mounted the bottle holders on only to find out that the wires and cables were getting hung up on the bottle holders when I turned the handle bars all the way to one side or the other.
DSCF4213.JPG

So I had to disconnect all the wires and cables and route them through the Bracket.
Now no wire or cables gets hung up or stretched. This is much much better than the way they were.
If anything the bracket keeps the wires and cables tucked in nice and safe.
DSCF4288.JPG

For now I'm gonna leave both bottle holders mounted. I might get thirsty on an all days ride
DSCF4224.JPG

I was also expecting delivery of my new $45 seat and a $19 side mirror but Amazon lost it in transit. Amazon is giving me a refund
I searched bicycle seats again on Amazon and I found the same seat for 1/2 the price I paid for the first one but it has a different manufactures logo on the side. That's OK, so I ordered it and the same Left side mirror again.
Rad Power bikes wanted $30 for a Left side mirror and I found the same mirror on Amazon for $19
I guess things happen for a reason I saved $22.50 My new seat and left side mirror will be here this Saturday 7/31

Last edited:
I adjusted the speed limit setting.
The Rad Rover 5 comes with the speed set @ 20MPH but can be set to a max of 25MPH

I thought Rover didn't feel right,
Because right before I was getting to 20 MPH the Electric Hub motor would cut out at around 18 or 19 MPH.
I checked the Speed Setting on the Display and it was set to 18 MPH from the factory. I adjusted it to go 25 MPH.
Now Rover is much much better. With throttle only Rover goes 25 MPH. With PAS Rover hit's 30 MPH with little effort. (y)

Back