T&E Grubee Jackshaft for Fat Tire Bikes

There are much better kits to shift the drivetrain other than Grubee. I'm going to miss Sick Bike Parts. Don't get me wrong, Grubee is a great option for those not mechanically inclined. First thing to upgrade if you get Grubee is new bearings. You can build a transfer case much better if you have a shop at your disposal.

Those Grubee seat post Jack shaft kits look really cool. Did they really only make 35 as a test case? I want one and don’t even have a fat tire bike. This must be a case of G.A.S., Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Or, should this be P.A.S. for Part Acquisition Syndrome?

What's the purpose of a JS kit on that? There's no cassette to take advantage of different gears. That drive sprocket on the engine is right next to the angled seat post. Will the motor need to be moved forward? Nice bike!

What's the purpose of a JS kit on that? There's no cassette to take advantage of different gears. That drive sprocket on the engine is right next to the angled seat post. Will the motor need to be moved forward? Nice bike!
He's having trouble with engine vibration because of his offset mount. He's hoping he can center the engine and use the jackshaft so he has less engine vibration.

Hey All,
Ive got a new Seat post jack shaft kit coming from Grubee for the fat tire bikes. I recently built a strech cruiser fat tire bike and the biggest issue I had was the tire/chain clearance. I had to get an offset motor mount and some custom fabricating to get it to work.
My biggest issue was after mounting was a really bad vibration throughout the whole bike, which is due to the offset motor mount. It limited my speeds to 15-20mph due to the vibration. The bike is soo damm cool that I have been dealing with it and trying to come up with a way to stop the vibration, hence the new jack shaft Grubee is making.
I think this might cure the vibration issue, I noticed when I ride if I put my foot on the side of the motor and put some pressure on it the vibration stops so It should work. They look pretty well thought out and if it works I will be a happy man. This is my bike as it stands now, I will take some photos as I install the kit.

View attachment 193803
Great job very clean and sleek. Love it

Back