need gas cap

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Bikeuser, Jul 5, 2008.

  1. Bikeuser

    Bikeuser Member

    I am need of a gascap who might sell me one. its the kind that fit on the 1/2 gallon HT kits.

  2. darwin

    darwin Well-Known Member

    Do a search I saw some one here with a metal after market one with a link that shows them, Lockable too.
  3. akillerbluesky

    akillerbluesky New Member

    do you know the link? i did a search but could not find it. my current cap is being held on with rubber bands....
  4. akillerbluesky

    akillerbluesky New Member

  5. Your Cap maybe easily fixed.
    If its what i think it is (i have seen this happen many times) Just take screw driver and pry the large spring up in between the hole .Then simply Push the Piece of metal back to the other side.
    It should look like two ears on both sides of the cap if positioned correctly.
    If it is something different then i do apologies,



  6. specmiata99

    specmiata99 Guest

    i will ship you a used tank with cap, check my ad at the top for used ht parts
  7. darwin

    darwin Well-Known Member

    I noticed the local auto parts store had old replacement gas caps, the kind like on 50s pickups that are chrome plated. Maybe theyll work.