Need Help | How Do I Check For Case Air Leaks?

yuckfoo

Local time
9:17 PM
I know where my intake is, I know where my head gasket is, I know where my base gasket is. I have no idea how I am supposed to check for case leaks. I keep reading vague sentences about "behind the clutch cover" or "behind the magneto cover." Are there are any good videos on how to check case leaks? Or written instructions somewhere?

If you can run with these covers off an old air leak trick is to blow a light puff of smoke on it. Then watch to see if there's strong movement in the smoke.

If you can run with these covers off an old air leak trick is to blow a light puff of smoke on it. Then watch to see if there's strong movement in the smoke.
Thanks for the tip. I quit smoking cigarettes 21 years ago, but have been having the thought for a few years now that I want to start smoking a pipe. 😊 But, meh, for now smoke is not an option.

Thanks for the tip. I quit smoking cigarettes 21 years ago, but have been having the thought for a few years now that I want to start smoking a pipe. 😊 But, meh, for now smoke is not an option.
Put the fire side in your mouth and lightly blow your engine a shotgun through the filter side. Then put it out. Don't start back smoking.

I know where my intake is, I know where my head gasket is, I know where my base gasket is. I have no idea how I am supposed to check for case leaks. I keep reading vague sentences about "behind the clutch cover" or "behind the magneto cover." Are there are any good videos on how to check case leaks? Or written instructions somewhere?
I wish I could throw videos on here. I would show you my shifter bike, How I start it, what it sounds like cold, warm, when I've beat the living hell out of her. She's an ugly duckling, but she runs so sweet. She's never given me any problems.

I wish I could throw videos on here. I would show you my shifter bike, How I start it, what it sounds like cold, warm, when I've beat the living hell out of her. She's an ugly duckling, but she runs so sweet. She's never given me any problems.
You could upload a video to you tube and link to it here. It doesn't have to be pro edited or anything lol. We won't laugh, too hard!

Back