Need help with sproket and exhaust

D

Danielkotevski

How's it going, I bought a second hand bike a couple of days ago to take my dog for runs as I can't be bothered peddling anymore, and I have realised a couple problems, it tends to bogs down and stalls on a hills and I'm thinking a new sprocket will help it's got a 44 tooth on there now she I get a 32 or 36 , I don't really want top speed more acceleration and do these banana exhaust make a difference

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121907179373

Last edited by a moderator:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you want acceleration and hill climbing you need to go to a bigger sprocket not smaller. From what I've gathered those mufflers aren't any better than stock. I have no personal experience with them though.

unless it is 49cc instead of 66cc, and your weight is high, then it may just be 4-stroking under load

if that isn't it, then a 48T will give you a bit more grunt without hurting top speed too much and a 56T will climb a wall, but very slowly

Thanks boys i ended up changing the spark plug to a ngk and it made heaps of difference and I ordered 50 tooth sproket to see if that helps as well if that doesn't help might change the front sproket as well do I need to go bigger or smaller in the front for more acceleration? And do those "performance" carbs make a difference in anything? Thanks

Back