New Burley Recumbent and Past TREK Cruiser

667_CNCJPEGsm_1.jpg

Detail:
Removable fenders on stock TREK CNC bike.
Stock 26 x 2.25 Bontrager tires. Aluminum port side-rail added to hang TREK carry bag; illumination carried but not installed until needed. I sold this beauty of a bike and the engine; could not bear to ruin the CNC. Only 200 sold in US. So!

Bought recumbent to power with Tanaka PF3300 engine (need a bit more power to get up hill to house) with current GEBE kit. Works like a charm.
667_CNC1A1sm_2.jpg

Forgot Pic Large of Crank Forward

Great configuration, maybe the best all the way around.

Attachments

• Gruv2Biggera.jpg
    Gruv2Biggera.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 434
New Trick

Bought a Rans Dynamic and thinking of trying out the Eagle in it. It is a crank-forward, spendy, and configuration almost identical to the Gruv, but it is very light...will see.

Rans Pic

Forgot to upload, sorry. Bike now has Rock Shock fork I acquired from V.

Frame may be too light for motoring...

Attachments

• P1010633.JPG
    P1010633.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 330
engine and pannier mount system

If you can find a way to carry some cargo then add a fairing, I think you are looking at the vehicle of the future there.

i used to have a rans stratus. (LWB). i put their rack behind my seat and still using the GEBE struts, attached the engine to the back of the rack. gave me room for panniers and moved the engine away from the back of my head... so not quite so loud. i also used a flag that i stuck down the post of the seat, which i think is common, but i attached a flasher to the end of it just below the flag. the flasher waving around at the top of the pole really gets attention.

667_cnc1a1sm_2-jpg.85074

Detail:
Removable fenders on stock TREK CNC bike.
Stock 26 x 2.25 Bontrager tires. Aluminum port side-rail added to hang TREK carry bag; illumination carried but not installed until needed. I sold this beauty of a bike and the engine; could not bear to ruin the CNC. Only 200 sold in US. So!

Bought recumbent to power with Tanaka PF3300 engine (need a bit more power to get up hill to house) with current GEBE kit. Works like a charm.
667_cnc1a1sm_2-jpg.85074
Wow, this is cool looking! It looks very practical as a motorized bike too, that open spot has plenty to play with in engine mounting mods.. Even electric could be tossed in there quite easily.

Want to make the wife a bike, thinking electric would be the best choice. Wonder how large a tire fits in there... Also thinking pink, her favorite color.. Hmm.

New Trick

Bought a Rans Dynamic and thinking of trying out the Eagle in it. It is a crank-forward, spendy, and configuration almost identical to the Gruv, but it is very light...will see.
Any data on build...like ring clearance, cables, etc...have acq who wants to do GEBE on Dynamik...thanks...you can email bobbillhj@gmail.com if you fo not wish to post here.

Back