New motor, start it stock or with after-market parts?

Would you know the proper way to tune a cns carb?
This is why I said it's a great carb IF YOU know how to tune it,there's a bit more to it and if your not able to do it from the guide lines within these pages,I dont think there is anything I can add or make it any easier,sorry.

i would recommend you break in the engine stock ( 3 tanks) then put on the performance parts. but if you like living life on the edge i would put them on and have at it!

This is why I said it's a great carb IF YOU know how to tune it,there's a bit more to it and if your not able to do it from the guide lines within these pages,I dont think there is anything I can add or make it any easier,sorry.
i read that you start with the needle all the way up the top with the idle screw 4 turns out and go from there?

i read that you start with the needle all the way up the top with the idle screw 4 turns out and go from there?
What? heck no! there is good info in these pages and some bad I guess.The cns carb has a pilot jet,needle/slide,and the main jet then there is a air/fuel adjust screw.leave the needle in the middle.Start with the air screw turned 2 turns out from closed,and set the idle first.Then the transition from idle to needle can be fine tuned with the needle,and then the main jet.Obviously there is more to it than that being able to fine tune it between pilot,needle and main is trial and error to find what works best but worth it in the end when your throttle responce is better and it performs properly.

What? heck no! there is good info in these pages and some bad I guess.The cns carb has a pilot jet,needle/slide,and the main jet then there is a air/fuel adjust screw.leave the needle in the middle.Start with the air screw turned 2 turns out from closed,and set the idle first.Then the transition from idle to needle can be fine tuned with the needle,and then the main jet.Obviously there is more to it than that being able to fine tune it between pilot,needle and main is trial and error to find what works best but worth it in the end when your throttle responce is better and it performs properly.

Thank you i thought that sounded stupid.

Back