Need help with my motorized bike

Edsbikes

Local time
2:16 AM
So i just recently bought a new motorized bicycle engine kit from Walmart i put the picture here… and i bought this kit because my first engine kit I thought broke down now I say I thought because it didn’t work after a while of riding it it just wouldn’t work after a little bit because I have no clue.

Actually, the carburetor started leaking, but it actually would still run with the carburetor leaking until one day it didn’t run anymore so I thought it was the carburetor or something else and I bought a new carburetor to replace it and hopefully get it started again while I replace the carburetor and it still wouldn’t start so I replaced the ignition switch.

I replace the spark plugs I replace the CDI and nothing would get it to start again nothing it would not start so I thought it was completely dead. I tried everything replaced everything except the motor and that’s it so I bought a new engine kit from Walmart.

Today I tried to put it all on so it was pretty cheap so the engine screws actually came out from the engine mounts which was sort of annoying after I put everything on so I had to take everything off right after I put everything on and anyway I put everything on but it’s still wouldn’t start before the engine screw mounts came off and the whole engine came off.

It still wouldn’t run OK so that’s what got me thinking what’s wrong because I had I actually replaced all the parts even with the new engine and the new kit parts. It still didn’t run so then I was like OK now I have no clue what I’m doing wrong I put everything back I checked the spark plug. I checked all the wiring, the mat magneto coil on the car , maybe gas wasn’t getting into the cylinder on the new engine but I don’t know if the old motor was even broken like they couldn’t get the 2nd motor to even start so yeah I’m stuck

Attachments

• IMG_2475.png
    IMG_2475.png
    478 KB · Views: 89
Good morning and welcome. Pictures of the bike and engine installed are what the group needs to assist. Next, it is a process of elimination usually starting with checking if you have spark, then if you have gas to the carb and then fuel to the cylinder. One step at a time and only testing or changing one part at a time.

So i just recently bought a new motorized bicycle engine kit from walmart i put the picture here… and i bought this kit because my first engine kit I thought broke down now I say I thought because it didn’t work after a while of riding it it just wouldn’t work after a little bit because I have no clue. Actually, the carburetor started leaking, but it actually would still run with the carburetor leaking until one day it didn’t run anymore so I thought it was the carburetor or something else and I bought a new carburetor to replace it and hopefully get it started again while I replace the carburetor and it still wouldn’t start so I replaced the ignition switch. I replace the spark plugs I replace the CDI and nothing would get it to start again nothing it would not start so I thought it was completely dead. I tried everything replaced everything except the motor and that’s it so I bought a new engine kit from Walmart and today I tried to put it all on so it was pretty cheap so the engine screws actually came out from the engine mounts which was sort of annoying after I put everything on so I had to take everything off right after I put everything on and anyway I put everything on but it’s still wouldn’t start before the engine screw mounts came off and the whole engine came off. It still wouldn’t run OK so that’s what got me thinking what’s wrong because I had I actually replaced all the parts even with the new engine and the new kit parts. It still didn’t run so then I was like OK now I have no clue what I’m doing wrong I put everything back I checked the spark plug. I checked all the wiring, the mat magneto coil on the car , maybe gas wasn’t getting into the cylinder on the new engine but I don’t know if the old motor was even broken like they couldn’t get the 2nd motor to even start so yeah I’m stuck
I hope something isn't lost in translation when you use a translator app. I'm going to assume English isn't your native language, due to the over use of words such as: "like, actually, etc...." There was a lot of repetition/redundancy and no structural order when expressing your situations. It reminded me of watching the movie "Pulp Fiction". One shouldn't have to read through your post several times in order to understand what you're talking about. Last of all was the wall of words. Try paragraphing your subjects.

There's many 2 stroke builders here who can help you with your engine problems. If you listen to them; then you'll quickly find yourself riding a motorized bicycle.

" It reminded me of watching the movie "Pulp Fiction". One shouldn't have to read through your post several times in order to understand what you're talking about. Last of all was the wall of words. Try paragraphing your subjects."
OIP.-9mLX-nqZYIayxGluvHlKAHaHu

So i just recently bought a new motorized bicycle engine kit from walmart i put the picture here… and i bought this kit because my first engine kit I thought broke down now I say I thought because it didn’t work after a while of riding it it just wouldn’t work after a little bit because I have no clue. Actually, the carburetor started leaking, but it actually would still run with the carburetor leaking until one day it didn’t run anymore so I thought it was the carburetor or something else and I bought a new carburetor to replace it and hopefully get it started again while I replace the carburetor and it still wouldn’t start so I replaced the ignition switch. I replace the spark plugs I replace the CDI and nothing would get it to start again nothing it would not start so I thought it was completely dead. I tried everything replaced everything except the motor and that’s it so I bought a new engine kit from Walmart and today I tried to put it all on so it was pretty cheap so the engine screws actually came out from the engine mounts which was sort of annoying after I put everything on so I had to take everything off right after I put everything on and anyway I put everything on but it’s still wouldn’t start before the engine screw mounts came off and the whole engine came off. It still wouldn’t run OK so that’s what got me thinking what’s wrong because I had I actually replaced all the parts even with the new engine and the new kit parts. It still didn’t run so then I was like OK now I have no clue what I’m doing wrong I put everything back I checked the spark plug. I checked all the wiring, the mat magneto coil on the car , maybe gas wasn’t getting into the cylinder on the new engine but I don’t know if the old motor was even broken like they couldn’t get the 2nd motor to even start so yeah I’m stuck
Hi Ed, welcome to the forum. Ignore those other geezers please.

Put your old engine back on the bike (save the new for parts) and take a couple of pictures. At least one from each side, then we'll figure out what's wrong with it.

Most likely it's loss of compression, as it is with every new guy's bike.

Engines need 4 things to run. Fuel, air, spark, compression. Any one of those is lacking or just non-existent you will obviously have a problem.

With the new setup the best thing you can do is just go through and make sure the magneto magnet is oriented correctly, the gap for the stator arms for the magnet is present and even top and bottom. Verify it has spark visually once you have done that.

I am going to just assume the new carb functions properly, but it never hurts to.go through them and check functionality.

Did you compression test the old motor, or inspect the rings and cylinder?

Performed any vacuum leak testing?

Back