Newbie Clutch Question

Hi! Attempting to complete my first build today. I noticed that when I was attempting to put my covers back on, the bucking bar was out more than it was before. This makes it so that I can’t put the side back on and the clutch arm will hit the bucking bar, making the side not fit. I attached a video below with what’s happening. YouTube video of my issue

What were you expecting it to do when the cover is not first screwed down into place???...Screw the thing in place BEFORE you try pushing that rod in back and forth like I saw in your video...Of course the cover pops up and out before you have it screwed in place when you keep trying to move the clutch arm...There is alot of pressure from the arm that needs to press against the bucking bar, I already gave you a tutorial to go by on your other thread...Use it.

I merged both of your threads together since it is the exact same thing about getting your clutch to work correctly

Screw that cover into place and THEN push the arm in like I previously told you and showed you in my tutorial, and then screw down the cable stops to finalise the arm postion in place like I also told you and showed you...There is going to be pressure against that bucking bar as I previously kept telling everyone.

I did say follow that tutorial exactly as I wrote it.

Since that cover is off and now has to be put back on and that clutch bar now needs to be realigned the way I show you in the first pick, you are going to have to go back again to the flowernut adjustment again since things got changed as soon as you took that clutch cover off with the clutch arm...

There is a strict order of doing things in this adjustment that I have written in that tutorial...Just start all over again is all I can tell ya

What were you expecting it to do when the cover is not first screwed down into place???...Screw the thing in place BEFORE you try pushing that rod in back and forth like I saw in your video...Of course the cover pops up and out before you have it screwed in place when you keep trying to move the clutch arm...There is alot of pressure from the arm that needs to press against the bucking bar, I already gave you a tutorial to go by on your other thread...Use it.

I merged both of your threads together since it is the exact same thing about getting your clutch to work correctly

Screw that cover into place and THEN push the arm in like I previously told you and showed you in my tutorial, and then screw down the cable stops to finalise the arm postion in place like I also told you and showed you...There is going to be pressure against that bucking bar as I previously kept telling everyone.

I did say follow that tutorial exactly as I wrote it.

Since that cover is off and now has to be put back on and that clutch bar now needs to be realigned the way I show you in the first pick, you are going to have to go back again to the flowernut adjustment again since things got changed as soon as you took that clutch cover off with the clutch arm...

There is a strict order of doing things in this adjustment that I have written in that tutorial...Just start all over again is all I can tell ya
Thank you. I will just start from the beginning again with the clutch. I just thought that it was wrong for the bucking bar to be out that far because when I did screw the cover back on, the clutch lever was so very difficult to pull in.

when I did screw the cover back on, the clutch lever was so very difficult to pull in.
It is supposed to have tension in it when pulling the lever that is why I took exception with others who chimed in trying to make it sound like it was less or even neutral pressure than what is really supposed to be there.

It is supposed to have tension in it when pulling the lever that is why I took exception with others who chimed in trying to make it sound like it was less or even neutral pressure than what is really supposed to be there.
I see. Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it. I am gonna look at your tutorial and my bike side by side now. Lol

Back