Clutch slipping?

How do I install my new black checkered clutch pads? I see tutorials for red ones but not black ones, I can't push it through the hole

Like, do i need to sand or file the edges? It seems like the same size.

Trying to squeeze the sides with pliers but it's not working, a bit of the black on the back side cracked off too

All I know is when I tested that with water in a kitchen measuring cup...It is not precise...it turned into 14 ounces everytime I tried it that way...Always measure oil as per ounce, not a cup and whatever if you want to get it right.

How do I install my new black checkered clutch pads? I see tutorials for red ones but not black ones, I can't push it through the hole
I push them in one at a time, I start by pushing it in starting with the narrow part and work my way to the wider part...I then sometimes just gently push them in to make sure they are in good with the flat end of almost any tool available...lol...They will go in.

I push them in one at a time, I start by pushing it in starting with the narrow part and work my way to the wider part...I then sometimes just gently push them in to make sure they are in good with the flat end of almost any tool available...lol...They will go in.
Already tried that

All I know is when I tested that with water in a kitchen measuring cup...It is not precise...it turned into 14 ounces everytime I tried it that way...Always measure oil as per ounce, not a cup and whatever if you want to get it right.
It's little known there is a small difference between a dry measuring cup, and one for liquids, most kitchen measuring cups are for dry.

Like, do i need to sand or file the edges? It seems like the same size.

Trying to squeeze the sides with pliers but it's not working, a bit of the black on the back side cracked off too
Try heating them with a blow dryer before installing.

I mix mine two liters at a time. I find these little motors have incredible fuel economy and distances here aren't great so that works for me.
I get a 10 liter gas can about 2.5 gals and add 10ml of Startron and 10ml Sta-bil and fill a two liter pop bottle, add 60ml of oil for a mix of 33:1
Easy cheesy.

Try heating them with a blow dryer before installing.
Oh yeah, that could work, thanks

If that doesn't, I ordered some file that I can use to sand the edges

Definitely more than a 5 minute job though, it takes a long to get them to fit in there

Damien, you said he needs 12.8 oz of oil. Sounds like what he did. 1.6 cups is about 12.8 oz. 8 + 4 + .1 oz = about 12.8 +- a bit.

You people should use the metric system to mix fuel, way easier. 20:1 is 1000 divided by 20 = 50 Convert that to ml is 50 ml per litre. 30:1 is 1000 divided by 30 = 33.3 ml per liter. A litre is 1000 ml.
Shhhh....

Back