Jackshaft No chainrings

GypsyWolf

Local time
4:17 PM
I'm in need of a jackshaft kit without the chain rings. I already have a double 40T chainring setup. So I am just looking for a jackshaft kit that I can buy without the chainrings.

OK I need to buy a jackshaft kit to transfer the motors power from the left side of the bike to the right pedal side. I do not nned the chainring that come in the kits you buy from China because I have a freewheel chain ring with 2 40 tooth sprockets. On 1 of them will get the chain from the jackshaft. The other one will have the chain that will go to the back wheel which has a 34 tooth sprocket already attached to it.the rear wheel hub I am using is off of a 1987 Japanese Emei 500. Which is a 50cc moped that I plan to restore later. Nice thing is the hubs have drum brakes which is much better in the long run than disc brakes. Since the drum has more friction material and there's a greater force pushing the pads out against the inner wall of the hub. Giving you much great stopping power at higher speeds than the average disc brakes. But the hub only has 28 spoke holes so I'm having to locate 26 inch rims with only 28 holes

Forgive me , I’m still confused.

Which side of the rear wheel is the 34t sprocket?

Are you still going to pedal this bike?

Which side of the bike are the dual 40t sprockets?

What engine are you using?

JMO , those double-40 chainrings won't work. The 40t chained to the 34t will raise the gear, not lower it.

Besides, this is a single rear sprocket, so no extra gear to shift.
This is a lot of expensive and work, just to use the 34t moped hub and brakes.

Gypsy needs to tell us what engine he has.

Then we can advise him which sprockets and chainrings to use.

Off the top of my head, Gypsy would have ratios that'd seem like he had a
34t rear single sprocket up to a single 58t rear sprocket.....and no other gear to shift to.

Bad idea.

Last edited:
Back