No compression

sonic883

Local time
7:19 PM
So I broke a piston ring awhile, so I ordered new ones. I put it all together and it ran well, after a few weeks, I got a high compression head and a new cylinder,I took the old cylinder off, and installed the new parts, and ever since then there’s barely any compression, I’ve tightened down the head bolts, and tightened the spark plug,( properly). Just no compression
I am almost certain it’s an air leak. I currently have the base gasket off. It’s a 2 stroke 80cc (66cc)

Pls help

One thing that I just thought of, have you checked the volume of the head? Is it truly a high compression head or not? Compare the combustion chamber of each, the chamber may be the difference.

I
Here is picture of me checking my squish gap, notice the solder taped across piston. Do you see the ends of solder are squished? That's your squish gap, you want to measure that & .028"-.030" is ideal. Roughly the thickness of a credit card. Tape a piece of 1mm solder across the cylinder, then install cylinder head without the spark plug & torque to 12ft/lbs, then grab your rear tire & rotate it to turn engine over a couple times. Then remove cylinder head & measure the squished ends of solder, it should be .028"-.030" or .7mm-.75mm, roughly the thickness of a credit card. If your squish is more than that you wont gain any performance effects of the hi-compression cylinder head
I have 1mm solder, I’ll do a squish check, and let you know. Why wouldn’t it effect performance over 28 to 30 ?

Heres a example of a good hi-compression cylinder head, it's a 5.5cc combustion chamber.
20211016_122257.jpg

One thing that I just thought of, have you checked the volume of the head? Is it truly a high compression head or not? Compare the combustion chamber of each, the chamber may be the difference.
It costed about 90 bucks off ebay, it’s the polygon type. Hard to get the bolts on compared to the Stock head.

Back