Engine Trouble Not running engine

SeagreenSpiral

Local time
12:58 AM
Hi, my motorised bicycle used to run fine, then after a while it took longer to start, I would pedal more with the engine turning over until it eventually fired up ( a lot of work)
Now I engage the engine with the wheel and nothing, it’s not starting at all, but I do get it to stutter, a bang here and there but not running. there is spark and the spark plug smells of gasoline, what the hell is wrong with it? Thanks

Hi SeagreenSpiral, welcome to the motoredbikes. Got any pictures of your motor? Have you had the float bowl off? It could be a dirty float needle.
Check out this thread for all the parts.

Hi, my motorised bicycle used to run fine, then after a while it took longer to start, I would pedal more with the engine turning over until it eventually fired up ( a lot of work)
Now I engage the engine with the wheel and nothing, it’s not starting at all, but I do get it to stutter, a bang here and there but not running. there is spark and the spark plug smells of gasoline, what the hell is wrong with it? Thanks

Time to pull the head and check for broke ring or scratches in the cylinder. Could just do a compression check!

Back