OMG, I fell into the trap!

markjs

Local time
3:57 AM
Was out riding my 66cc "PK80 Wildcat", named "Cub", and I pass a bike with a sign that says "FREE" and it's a nice looking bike. Anyway I'm walking distance from home, so I sstop. Turns out it's an E-Bike in need of a battery, controller and TLC. The guy said "You NEED this bike" when he saw me looking. Well long story short, now I have an E-Bike project. He says it was originally 24v, but would work at 48v. He said it climbs hills fine, and we have MASSIVE hills around here.

I'm also digging that it has it's own dedicated drive chain freewheel!

Now I can pass on my step through Walmart special to someone in need too. Can't fit another bike on the porch!

I ain't giving up it's luggage rack though!

Attachments

• 20230825_125344.jpg
    20230825_125344.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20230825_125335.jpg
    20230825_125335.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 118
It's a walmart bike more than likely. It's a Currie E-zip bike they were 24volt & sold by walmart. I put gobs of miles on 1 of them. Went thru like 4 batteries & 2 thumb throttles. It was still going strong after giving it away. Mine would go around 20-24mph.
The guy I got it from said it can handle 48v with a 48v controller. He said he had a controller he'll give me if I get a battery.

He says it will pull most of the biggest hills in town, slowly, but will do it. He didn't mention whether that required pedal assist or not.

This would power it fine wouldn't it? Sure is cheaper than Lithium batteries. I bet I could charge that with a trickle charger?

Zap 3 Pro Flex 48V 12V 12Ah Electric Scooter Replacement Battery
Do take notice that their ad says,
  • UL Recognized Component
It does NOT say it is UL Listed, meaning it does NOT go through as rigorous an amount of testing that a UL Listed product goes through.

Back