CVT PB/Goped CVT Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and get it; you won't be sorry. Ya can kick the numbers around all you want. But, if ya need me, I'll be out riding mine.
SeeYAAAAAAHooooo!

This is a repost of an old thread that was in the wrong place so I deleted it myself.

I'm working on a CVT project. It's not the Torque-A-Verter brand but it's alot cheaper and works great with some modification ( a 41 chain sprocket instead of the 25 it came with). I'm using a 12 tooth to a 44. Don't have to even pedal to get going! Don't know the top speed yet. Still tweaking and solidifying the mounts and need to install a chain idler. Also have a 14 tooth sprocket to try later for higher top end.
I'm liking it alot so far. Don't know why more people aren't using these. This particular one is for a GoPed and cost < $70 shipped. It's linked up to my Subaru Robin 35.
WC

A RACK MOUNT CVT
I believe rack mount is unstable.
look for frame mount soon.
Your mount is so clever at first glance I could not figure out how you got the CVT output to spin in the correct direction. Congratulations.
Balance the weight of the engine with a fuel tank , or tool box on the other side of the rack.
Start your own build thread.
I can not see the output side support of your cvt.
If you don't have one on the output side yoooou desperately need one.
how high does your engine wind.
try a 10 tooth drive sprocket to a 56 or 62 tooth rear sprocket from thats dax cheap ready made.
After the mechanical alignment is done you need to tune the cvt to match the engine performance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF...ryZ34284QQihZ016QQitemZ260321780443QQtcZphoto

Watch out for the chain LOL
Extreme spoke breakage is possible. With a rag mount sprocket.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Rack mount CVT is fine.
Nothing wrong with it.

As long as it's braced correctly, which his is,
it will be fine.

This is a repost of an old thread that was in the wrong place so I deleted it myself.

A RACK MOUNT CVT
I believe rack mount is unstable.
look for frame mount soon.
Your mount is so clever at first glance I could not figure out how you got the CVT output to spin in the correct direction. Congratulations.
Balance the weight of the engine with a fuel tank , or tool box on the other side of the rack.
Start your own build thread.
I can not see the output side support of your cvt.
If you don't have one on the output side yoooou desperately need one.
how high does your engine wind.
try a 10 tooth drive sprocket to a 56 or 62 tooth rear sprocket from thats dax cheap ready made.
After the mechanical alignment is done you need to tune the cvt to match the engine performance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF...ryZ34284QQihZ016QQitemZ260321780443QQtcZphoto

Watch out for the chain LOL
Extreme spoke breakage is possible. With a rag mount sprocket.

Not really sure what you are getting at here?????
1. That rack is more solid than the rest of the bike!
2. SPIN? The CVT is flipped over. Still the same direction of SPIN regardless! Turn your clock upside down; it still turns clockwise.
3. Build thread is already posted.
4.Output side of CVT? Read my build thread. You will SEE PICS of the output side! There are 6! count 'em, 6 mounts;4 engine; 2 CVT.
5. How high the engine winds is Full torque @ full throttle. The CVT does the rest. RPMs go from about 3k to 5ish-K in about 2 seconds and stay there through the full CVT range.
6. Why do I need to 'Tune' the CVT to the engine if its running GREAT the way it is???? That's not to say I won't play with it in the future. But for now, I'm up and running (50-ish miles to date) and I'm happy with it for all I have invested.
Do you work for Thats Dax???
Or are you one of the increasing class of MB.com prima donas with more theories than actual practice?
What the H***'S your beef?
WayneC
Oh, If you need me, I'll be out on my bike.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Not really sure what you are getting at here?????
1. That rack is more solid than the rest of the bike!
2. SPIN? The CVT is flipped over. Still the same direction of SPIN regardless! Turn your clock upside down; it still turns clockwise.
3. Build thread is already posted.
4.Output side of CVT? Read my build thread. You will SEE PICS of the output side! There are 6! count 'em, 6 mounts;4 engine; 2 CVT.
5. How high the engine winds is Full torque @ full throttle. The CVT does the rest. RPMs go from about 3k to 5ish-K in about 2 seconds and stay there through the full CVT range.
6. Why do I need to 'Tune' the CVT to the engine if its running GREAT the way it is???? That's not to say I won't play with it in the future. But for now, I'm up and running (50-ish miles to date) and I'm happy with it for all I have invested.
Do you work for Thats Dax???
Or are you one of the increasing class of MB.com prima donas with more theories than actual practice?
What the H***'S your beef?
WayneC
Oh, If you need me, I'll be out on my bike.

Werd.
You got lucky running a 4 stroke as the CVT is almost set up
perfect from the start.
I don't understand naysayers, especially when you've already done something
and proved everyone wrong.
I wanna see a vid though....
C'mon.....

I hear ya,
I'm enjoying; that's good in my book. Now, I'm gonna tear it down to paint that inferior rack to match the rest of the bike and get finished with this one.
Wish I had a vid or two to share. Got to wait for my son to come back from college to help his techno-challenged old man.
As I've stated elsewhere; nuts and bolts I can do; technology--not so much.
WayneC

Hey pioneer,

Thanks for doing the research and development. I really appreciate that if I decide to try Chinese CVT I can rely on what you've done.

Don't give up on us.

Thanks again.

One of my heroes Yogi Berra once said Its Deja Vu all over again.

On topic all of my fancyscooters cvt clutch bell's protrude 1/4 inch out of the cvt.

The latest cvt from scooters4less protrudes 3/8 of an inch out of the cvt.
I am using a 1/8 mounting plate between the engne and the cvt .
I am using the scooters4less cvt just need to get some more parts from thats dax my favorite inexpensive. supplier.
In addition to a bottom mounting bracket, and an engine bracket.

As long as the clutch bell isn't rubbing against the engine cases,
a deeper bell is actually better.

I am surprised at the small differences the scooters4less cvt may be slightly higher quality than my fancyscooter cvt's
For example variator shaft thichness, double nuts etc.

Pictures of differences?
Eventually, I plan on getting a lathe or hiring a machinist
to make a beefier hardened variator shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back