wont this way make chain aligment and sprocket aligment perfect and sturdy?

davidguest

Local time
2:53 PM
Hello i have posted this thread regarding a thing that i has been going around my mind for a while.
On some wheels they have like disc brake holders with like 6 screw that can be put in.
My question is wont it be a good idea to get a sprocket that fits that or to dril holes in one to fit it.
But i wonder if it wont strip the bolts and will it stay on tight. Im sure that the sprocket would be really straight and everthing but wont there break anything when doing that.
Please tell me about your opinions on this because i can maybe finally get rid of me needing to replace my spokes and everthing a couple of times.
also wont spokes break or not?
All answers are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 67
Hello i have posted this thread regarding a thing that i has been going around my mind for a while.
On some wheels they have like disc brake holders with like 6 screw that can be put in.
My question is wont it be a good idea to get a sprocket that fits that or to dril holes in one to fit it.
But i wonder if it wont strip the bolts and will it stay on tight. Im sure that the sprocket would be really straight and everthing but wont there break anything when doing that.
Please tell me about your opinions on this because i can maybe finally get rid of me needing to replace my spokes and everthing a couple of times.
also wont spokes break or not?
All answers are appreciated.
I think you will need a top hat adapter, to make everything work. But yes you can do that.

Buy a set of Worksman wheels or Gemini wheels & be done with it. With a good set of wheels, you will never need wheels, unless you wreck or something.

Buy once! Cry once!

I think you will need a top hat adapter, to make everything work. But yes you can do that.

Buy a set of Worksman wheels or Gemini wheels & be done with it. With a good set of wheels, you will never need wheels, unless you wreck or something.

Buy once! Cry once!
can it also be done without a top hat adapter? I know this may sound dumb but i have been driving only front brake on the begining i built my bicycle so can it also be done with just screwing it in with bolts? Also thanks for answering.

can it also be done without a top hat adapter? I know this may sound dumb but i have been driving only front brake on the begining i built my bicycle so can it also be done with just screwing it in with bolts? Also thanks for answering.
Yes it can be done without a top hat, but some builds the chain alignment is improved with a top hat. There is many different ways.

Yes it can be done without a top hat, but some builds the chain alignment is improved with a top hat. There is many different ways.
maybe im gonna consider buying a top hat maybe even to profit from it buy some brake disc calipers so i can brake better.
Real Thank you for telling me this i really apreciate you taking your time to tell me this.

maybe im gonna consider buying a top hat maybe even to profit from it buy some brake disc calipers so i can brake better.
Real Thank you for telling me this i really apreciate you taking your time to tell me this.
I think disc brakes would be a swell investment. Plus a motorbike needs them in my opinion.

If you want to run disc brakes on the rear, you need to keep your sprocket to 36-40tooth sprocket with a 203mm or bigger disc brake rotor.

I think disc brakes would be a swell investment. Plus a motorbike needs them in my opinion.

If you want to run disc brakes on the rear, you need to keep your sprocket to 36-40tooth sprocket with a 203mm or bigger disc brake rotor.
The disk caliper only has enough clearance with a 36 tooth sprocket so it doesn't interfear with the chain and sprocket...I have a clearance on mine that is only about the space of a matchbook cover between the two...lol.

The disk caliper only has enough clearance with a 36 tooth sprocket so it doesn't interfear with the chain and sprocket...I have a clearance on mine that is only about the space of a matchbook cover between the two...lol.
I think you can get away with a 40tooth sprocket if you run/use a 220mm or bigger rotor.

Back