My chain ate chunks off my clutch case

The dishing has to do with where the rim is positioned on the hub. Your wheel could be true but not dished properly. Do you have a dishing tool?
but i dont know much about this problem it has never been this way that the chain ate chunks off it the chain also pops off the drive sprocket so it could be that when it jumped off of it that it ate some metal
it also makes a very weird chain pooping sound like the chain isnt sticking to the drive sprocket

Yeah to do really good wheel building requires the right tools to do it. Fortunately dishing tools aren't very expensive. Do you have an actual truing stand? You don't really need an expensive one to get a wheel true.

You should also do a bounce test. Fully inflate the tire. Then keep your hands close enough to where you can bounce the tire several times all the way around. Then test for truing, dishing, and tension again.

Yeah, really good wheel building requires work and patience. Once you have your wheel right then you can work on the chain alignment.

Are you using a rag joint?

Yeah to do really good wheel building requires the right tools to do it. Fortunately dishing tools aren't very expensive. Do you have an actual truing stand? You don't really need an expensive one to get a wheel true.

You should also do a bounce test. Fully inflate the tire. Then keep your hands close enough to where you can bounce the tire several times all the way around. Then test for truing, dishing, and tension again.

Yeah, really good wheel building requires work and patience. Once you have your wheel right then you can work on the chain alignment
yeah i do have a trueing stand and i will do that bounce test and im still practicing but i think it may be my fault because when it was before when the wheel was bought it worked just fine so it may be something bad at my side thanks for helping me figuring this out.

Yeah, really good wheel building requires work and patience. Once you have your wheel right then you can work on the chain alignment.

Are you using a rag joint?
yea im using rag joint but i thinked of changing to a sprocket adapter because it always makes me try my best to make it the most accurate straight sprocket but every now and then theres little wobble on the sprocket

yea im using rag joint but i thinked of changing to a sprocket adapter because it always makes me try my best to make it the most accurate straight sprocket but every now and then theres little wobble on the sprocket
The adapter will allow for some forgiveness on the wheel being true and the dishing. Which will help with the chain alignment.

However, you'll then encounter an even worse problem at higher speeds; the dreaded death wobble. This is why having well built tuned wheels are so important.

Back