PK80--38mm strk,* GT5--38mm strk,* ZEDA80--40mm strk,* WHATS BETTER and WHY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Back

Local time
9:54 PM
Screenshot_2017-08-15-19-42-12.png
Screenshot_2017-08-15-19-41-16.png
So if you got to and select the ZEDA80 Engine picture Box on the right side of this website's home page it brings you to a home page for Apollo Motors ZED80 and there is a section you can select that brings you to a page were they describe in detail the differences between the 3 Three different engines that I guess are currently on the Market... I take it that the cheapo generic kits on E-BAY are the Early PK80"s and Half/Breeds (38mm Intake, rectangular exhaust port, 85mm short rod, Type "A" piston where the wristpin hole is up more and centered, and 6mm mounting studs))....GASBIKE / KINGS MOTERS sells the GT5 Grubee (40mm Intake, circular exhaust port, 85mm short rod, TYPE "A" piston and 6mm mounting studs)))....APOLLO MOTORS sells the ZED80 ((( 40mm intake, circular exhaust port, 89mm Long Rod and TYPE "B" piston, 8mm mounting studs and wider/stronger Crank Bearing journals)))

So My question is what one is better and is this our basic selection of these CHINA GIRL engines in stock form (NOT MODIFIED In Any Way by outside vendor example "DAX" or "CR MACHINE")) ????

Last edited:
dunno, never had a zeda

got pk80 with 40mm stroke, but the last two orders seem same as a80 - good motors tho

dunno, never had a zeda

got pk80 with 40mm stroke, but the last two orders seem same as a80 - good motors tho

I have always ordered from GASBIKE,, they can be a pain sometimes but they always replace what is not right as long as I send pics and I have been dealing with the parts Manager directly and he gives me a lot better deals and prices discounts then any other place by far, I get the Grubee GT5 38mm stroke in every kit I have ever ordered, always the same engine,, I get the whole kit with the super charged ignition upgrade and the RSE Reed Valve for $119 every time, thats a $30 dollars savings or I look at it as a free RSE REED VALVE..
Plus I always get $5-$10 off everything else, it adds up to a good chunk of cash at the end of my order, YA KNOW ??!!!!!!!!

I am thinking of getting a unassembled ZEDA80 kit to try it out once, I think you can get them for $109 now and unassembled means its got the top end off, which is fine cause I always take them apart for SLAG clean up and Porting / polishing and cylinder and bottom end case matching and then anodized paint and Heat Curing in the Oven at 200*f for 2 hrs.. I order about 2 motor kits a week now with all the builds I been doing and its just been word of mouth, craigslist, and letgo !!! thinking about opening my own little shop and caling it "MOJO CYCLES"...!!!!

I have always ordered from GASBIKE,, they can be a pain sometimes but they always replace what is not right as long as I send pics and I have been dealing with the parts Manager directly and he gives me a lot better deals and prices discounts then any other place by far, I get the Grubee GT5 38mm stroke in every kit I have ever ordered, always the same engine,, I get the whole kit with the super charged ignition upgrade and the RSE Reed Valve for $119 every time, thats a $30 dollars savings or I look at it as a free RSE REED VALVE..
Plus I always get $5-$10 off everything else, it adds up to a good chunk of cash at the end of my order, YA KNOW ??!!!!!!!!

I am thinking of getting a unassembled ZEDA80 kit to try it out once, I think you can get them for $109 now and unassembled means its got the top end off, which is fine cause I always take them apart for SLAG clean up and Porting / polishing and cylinder and bottom end case matching and then anodized paint and Heat Curing in the Oven at 200*f for 2 hrs.. I order about 2 motor kits a week now with all the builds I been doing and its just been word of mouth, craigslist, and letgo !!! thinking about opening my own little shop and caling it "MOJO CYCLES"...!!!!
Here is my latest experiment. I used the zeda cyl. Widened the exhaust and intake to 24mm, lowered the intake 2mm, raised the exhaust to give it 5mm of blow down. I put this cyl. and a mzmiami R head on a no mark rod 40mm stroke bottom end. You can get these from kings. They are the $78 engine only. I used this bottom end for the lighter rod while still having the 40mm stroke. Using a B type piston, 2 base gaskets and a .6mm copper head gasket gave .82mm squish clearance.
I had a Jag. CDI with about 2 months use on it so used it to start. It ran great, but it took a dump on the third ride so I went to the rocket CDI sold on eBay with no noticeable diff. in performance. They work well and last well.
The pipe is similar to what you had on your first bike, and this is the first bike I have built that I can actually feel the pipe come on[. The engine screams. It's smooth and grabs RPM very fast with a simple NT carb.
The kicker though I believe is the Nuvinci hub. I have 2 other shifter bikes and thought they ran well. I had no idea. This thing is like riding a dirt bike. If you can get one of these hubs it is worth every cent.View media item 60844View media item 60838

I like a 38mm stroke over a 40mm personally. sure it's less displacement, but the shorter stroke means a higher potential max rpm. what'll you miss more? 4 cc or 800 RPM?

very large power diff between the 38 & 40, but might also be the change in port timing or the 40mm intake

I like a 38mm stroke over a 40mm personally. sure it's less displacement, but the shorter stroke means a higher potential max rpm. what'll you miss more? 4 cc or 800 RPM?
A squirrel's gota know what nut he's looking for if he wants to be happy with what he finds on the inside. I just tried a different one this time. It wound up pretty good. Don't mean their's none better out there. Just means this one's pretty good.

very large power diff between the 38 & 40, but might also be the change in port timing or the 40mm intake

The GT5 Grubee has the same 40mm intake as the ZED80 so its not that,,, What Gary has done is pretty cool , by taking the 89mm long rod bottom end and putting a TYBE "B" piston on it ((the TYPE"B" piston has the wristpin hole farther down the skirt toward the bottom)) he has made a long tall setup to where he has to use the longer ZEDA cylinder and double up on the base gasket and thick head gasket he is using a different port timming setup then any of the 3 version engines,, FRED from CR Machine has always said to double up on your base gasket and adjust your Head to give you .80 squish or 135 psi and that change in port timing will give you a high rev, top end power motor,, and using that NUVINCCI hub covers the low end and once in high mode your ripping ass !!!

I loved my RM85 Expansion Pipe it had a long thin begining and a nice fat cone then had a 1 foot stinger on it,, as soon as I put that pipe on..WOW !!!! HOLY SH@T it had way more low end grunt and once it started to rev out, it would snap and whipp you back sliding on the seat and keep you there as it revved out to no end..!!!! I dont think i ever got to max RPM with that pipe cuz I would let off thinking I am going to spin a bearing before this thing stops revving out,, it was the best 40 bucks on ebay i ever spent on that bike..

I am going to be disapointed I think,, cause I am trying that NEW THRUST PIPE and I am using a RSE REED VALVE with my own design PORTED PISTON and swapped out for a GT80 ported jug with the third transfer port in it and I am going to do the same porting job that is pretty much the same as Gary described before,, just some widening and all around and raise exhaust port a little bit at a time, and use the RSE Head again with a Copper thicker Gasket, runs cooler with thick Copper gasket and still has lock up tire compression..
But I dont know about pipe,, if it dont work to well I might just cut it and weld a bigger longer cone on it and seal it at the end and do a mid cone stinger.. I have listened to all the reviews and watched all the YOUTUBE videos on the THRUST pipe and everyone says the same ,,,it LOUD as hell and way more power in TOP end..!!

GARY do you have to run a jackshaft kit with the NUVINNCI Hub ??? I am guessing yes....wouldnt be cool if someone made a left handed multi speed Hub..??? you would sell a lot of them in this MB market,, could sell them at the same price of a jack shaft kit !!!!

GUYS,, should I put a Crome or Black Gas tank on the regular way, or Chrome or Black rear seat stem mounted Tank, or do a Hidden tank in the round sissy bar leather Bag... I am so STUCK on this decission and need to order something in two days,,,help me decide PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Screenshot_2017-08-01-23-36-07.png
Screenshot_2017-08-05-23-40-46.png
rear-tank-chrome-gb.jpg
53574_H_SH355_MW400_grande_9b834ec7-ac97-4922-9d98-1a87d40d638b_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back