POWER PIPE. Hand built and tuned from scrap

Well I gave it a try and it is surprisingly strong. I didn't do all that great a prep job as
I only tinned the butt end and a small area of the flat, you can see on the left side first picture the proper tinning,
I had to really beat on it until it broke.
Bent the flat stock I brazed the upright piece to.
This was done with a turbo propane torch.

I think it would make an adequate thread repair if you could get clean enough to tin.

Attachments

• AlumBrazed.jpg
    AlumBrazed.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 42
  • AlumBroken.jpg
    AlumBroken.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 47
  • AlumInstructions.jpg
    AlumInstructions.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 48
  • AlumPackage.jpg
    AlumPackage.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 44
Well I gave it a try and it is surprisingly strong. I didn't do all that great a prep job as
I only tinned the butt end and a small area of the flat, you can see on the left side first picture the proper tinning,
I had to really beat on it until it broke.
Bent the flat stock I brazed the upright piece to.
This was done with a turbo propane torch.

I think it would make an adequate thread repair if you could get clean enough to tin.
It should do just fine to repair a broken casting as long as it isn't over torqued

Yeah I might try the brazing. if jb weld dont work first. I was gonna use an aluminum mig welder but the last time I repaired cast Aluminum it was a pain in the butt. it melted so quickly and didnt like the aluminum added to it. So yeah trying to weld cast Chinlumium is out of the question. Their aluminum is more like pot metal. atleast its still together. it hasnt cipped apart yet just cant tighten the bolt all the way. i see what I can do in the next day or so. Ive been working on my power clutch install and it went great just got done with it. about to post in a new threa about it
20231109_234553.jpg
20231110_015601.jpg

Back