Primer button leaking

lhemrick

Local time
6:42 PM
I have a bike with a 80cc engine. Under high speed and vibration fuel is coming up and out of the primer button. Its been a while since I've ridden this bike and I don't remember it doing this before. Has anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 36
Pictures please. I have never seen a 2 stroke bike with a primer bulb unless it's friction drive
It's actually called a fuel "tickler"...Its just a little push button next to the idle adjustment screw...The JRL BoFeng carburetors that all the kits are now coming with have deleted the tickler from the carbs so this problem no longer happens.

Replacing the NT carburetor with the BoFeng is a cheap way to solve the problem for only $11.99 plus the BoFeng has an emulsifier tube in it the NT carby does not have and is smooth in throttle response in all throttle positions.

https://www.amazon.com/JRL-Carburetor-Stroke-Motorized-Bicycle/dp/B08N9WYS1V

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It's actually called a fuel "tickler"...Its just a little push button next to the idle adjustment screw...The JRL BoFeng carburetors that all the kits are now coming with have deleted the tickler from the carbs so this problem no longer happens.

Replacing the NT carburetor with the BoFeng is a cheap way to solve the problem for only $11.99 plus the BoFeng has an emulsifier tube in it the NT carby does not have and is smooth in throttle response in all throttle positions.

He said primer button, that had me kinda confused

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a bike with a 80cc engine. Under high speed and vibration fuel is coming up and out of the primer button. Its been a while since I've ridden this bike and I don't remember it doing this before. Has anyone else had this issue?
Take the float bowl off and clean it out, make sure the spring is strong and the seal is good.

Thanks for the help and info. I have a new carb on the way.

Back