Problem With New Grubee Skyhawk 66cc Go-Sick'em Motor

Thanks Night Cruiser that info really explains a lot and reinforces my opinions about the ethical practices of George Bushara the Grubee importer. He offered an oil seal so the problem could be fixed. I made my own thicker gaskets. The last exchange I had with George was in May 2010 when I questioned his professionalism relating to what I said above and he seemed to think that he was very professional because he makes much more money than I do.
He sells kits in boxes and I sell finished bikes custom built to order - I think "bespoke" is the buzz word currently in fashion for anything made to order. My customers have to be satisfied so I'm left to cover the cost of a dud engine as well as the labour involved. What you said was most interesting and it's good to know that I can still spot a flake at thousand paces despite my advancing years.
Most grateful to you for passing on what Don told you. Sadly I am not surprised to learn what George chose to do with the dud kits.

Epa to thank for that

(I know the CNS carb is less than ideal, but we have the EPA to thank for that)......

After reading that last part i had to laugh my backside off After seeing what the GE plant in Lynn MA. did the the environment at that plant I cant even see why the EPA WOULD even bother with these bikes. About 15 years ago I was at this particular GE plant with they openly run jet plane motors out side all over the place it is like a small city with in a city there are no cameras allowed no matter what and i can see why we had to dig a trench to pipe in a special kind of gas as well as run an exhaust system into the ground well when the excavator started digging the trench what looked like pure motor oil seeped into out trench right out of the ground mixed in with the aquifer right next to the ocean it was the most contaminated place I've seen on earth the water table wasn't even 6 ' down and it wasn't showing any signs of stopping AS IT SEEPED INTO OUR TRENCH.

the seals are the same as the old ones and the problem is cause by the increased compression of the new head design and the angled spark plug. The seals just can't cope.

So let me get this straight. You are making the claim that a higher compression ration above the piston is causing the crankshaft seals to blow out, which seems like a ridiculous statement considering that the piston and piston rings block the path to the crankcase when above the cylinder ports.

Since when does an angled spark plug location have anything to do with the altering of crank case pressure?

Also, let me get this straight: you drilled through the frame tube, weakening this critical area and placing stress risers where you don't want them to be.

Seems odd that you are handing out advise based on what i have read and seen, not to mention the problem solving methods you have used.

There only two causes for crankcase seal blowout ,1 transfer ports open before exhaust port,2 down stroke displacement is grater than crankcase displacement.
Both are common with poor design and manufacturing.

Back