After 4 tanks of gas piston starts hitting spark plug

Screw the plug into the head tight and test how far it extends into the combustion chamber with a spare piston. If the plug leaves a mark, then you need a new head. I don't think the plug is the issue.
Pull the cylinder off and check the piston pins and rings.
When I put the plug back in after looking at before I rode today I thought to myself something did not feel right, I was actually wonderering if something was going on with the threads even before this I thought the threads felt a little weird

You won't hurt your engine if you lift the cylinder off the studs. It's better to be sure that the piston is in good shape, that take a chance and ruin the whole top end.

You won't hurt your engine if you lift the cylinder off the studs. It's better to be sure that the piston is in good shape, that take a chance and ruin the whole top end.
Good point I was actally thinking it would be easier just to slap a new head on I guess it would be worth it to make sure everything is alright before wasting my time and causing more damage

It's not a hole.

After reading your last couple of posts I think I'm going to take jug and piston clips off and check the piston pin and the needle bering
On the side of the piston, inside the ring groove, there is a pin in each groove. One on the right side and one on the left side, they both should be on the intake side of the piston. Look for them, if they are still there, then you're OK. No need to take piston off.

Back