Zeda 80 starts but won't drive

Oil is 40:1 I think, the head bolts are on tight last I checked but ig I can give them a one over. And here's a couple pics
I notice that your choke lever is in the upward, full on position, are you making sure to shut off the choke to the full downward position after 15 to 30 seconds after starting it ???...It will die out just like you describe if you don't.

16982895726618129808405870266895-jpg.201799

First of all you should be running 25 to 1 with dino oil for 300 miles, then 32 to 1 synthetic oil after. Second, that spark plug is junk, get a NGK BR6HS spark plug.
And yes, do everything that Gordy just said here.

I might add to this by saying to NEVER mix oil in gas in the gas tank...It will NOT mix properly that way and you may even seize up your motor.

You need to mix it in a gallon gas jug so you are able to shake it vigorously every single time that you add gas to the tank for a thorough mixture.

You want to use 5.12 ounces of a decent quailty ash free 2 cycle conventional motor oil such as Valvoline 2 cycle multi-purpose motor oil, to One gallon of gas, preferably an Ethanol-Free gasoline for that breakin period.

After your Zeda recommended breakin period of 300 miles is over with, you can then go to full synthetic 2 cycle oil like Gordy mentioned and 32:1 mix will then be 4 ounces of oil to one gallon of gasoline.

I notice that your choke lever is in the upward, full on position, are you making sure to shut off the choke to the full downward position after 15 to 30 seconds after starting it ???...It will die out just like you describe if you don't.

16982895726618129808405870266895-jpg.201799

And yes, do everything that Gordy just said here.

I might add to this by saying to NEVER mix oil in gas in the gas tank...It will NOT mix properly that way and you may even seize up your motor.

You need to mix it in a gallon gas jug so you are able to shake it vigorously every single time that you add gas to the tank for a thorough mixture.

You want to use 5.12 ounces of a decent quailty ash free 2 cycle conventional motor oil such as Valvoline 2 cycle multi-purpose motor oil, to One gallon of gas, preferably an Ethanol-Free gasoline for that breakin period.

After your Zeda recommended breakin period of 300 miles is over with, you can then go to full synthetic 2 cycle oil like Gordy mentioned and 32:1 mix will then be 4 ounces of oil to one gallon of gasoline.
I forgot to include some.of those details. I have kinda lost my patience today 😆

Please explain this more fully since I think I know what your talking about but not sure.
One of the bolts on the chain tensioner sheared.

And if u mean the other tensioner I have i don't know how to better explain it. It goes on the engine itself and the roller is near the top of the chain instead of the back wheel

Please explain this more fully since I think I know what your talking about but not sure.
One of the bolts kn his chain tensioner is busted. I can see alot better with my new glasses 😆 so I noticed that without even zooming in. He is talking about uaing one of the spring loaded tensioners that bolt onto the bucki g bar housing. He will still need to cut the chain down to length.

One of the bolts on the chain tensioner sheared.

And if u mean the other tensioner I have i don't know how to better explain it. It goes on the engine itself and the roller is near the top of the chain instead of the back wheel
I have one I have never used. I did assemble it though if you need a picture so.you can see how it goes together

Is this oil ok?
NO...You should NEVER breakin a Zeda motor or any China Girl motor on a synthetic oil, the rings will not seat properly on breakin...Drain the tank and start over with what I recommended too you...If you have been found out to have used synthetic on breakin period, it voids the Zeda warranty.

NO...You should NEVER breakin a Zeda motor or any China Girl motor on a synthetic oil, the rings will not seat properly on breakin...Drain the tank and start over with what I recommended too you...If you have been found out to have used synthetic on breakin period, it voids the Zeda warranty.
i like using semi synthetic during break in and after break in but thats just what i like doing

Back