Ready to Upgrade

Typically always seems to be quality over quantity, but don't quote me on that for spokes.

Just found these mags for sell on eBay. The seller has multiple types/colors of mags, has 100% feedback, & has quite a few repeat customers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-No-Spoke...5439671QQihZ006QQcategoryZ36143QQcmdZViewItem

Just keep searching for components until you see something you like that fits with your overall goal.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got a Schwinn Point Beach from wally world.
It seems like a good bike, only paid $124.00 for it.
will put the GEBE on it Monday.
The only thing I dont like is that I will have to remove the rear rack!!!
That rack really looks cool, but O well...

Proline, an absolute need is a simple front v-brake that the bike shop can install for a small fee. If it won't clear the springer fork, install a front drum brake.

I started off with a new RALEIGH cruiser with coaster brake. I installed front brake, then suspension seat, then ROCKSHOX FRONT FORK. Then I wanted rear v-brake with 21 gears, so I bought a used SCHWINN SKYLINER bike for $100. Then I gave the bike to my brother.

Now I have a RALEIGH RETRO-7 cruiser-type bike with dual v-brakes and 7-gear derailleur with Mitsubishi friction drives.

Front brakes are a great improvement, also HD rims with 12g spokes and high-speed grease in the hubs.

Unsure if any bike's wheels will survive a pothole at 25mph.

Thanks everyone for the lessons shared! I got lucky and picked up a Jamis Earth Cruiser - Build #2. My friend had it in his garage and I asked him to make me a deal, he said take it. Just what I wanted - steel frame, 12g spokes, 26x2.125 tires, wide handlebars, and a fat seat. Less than an hour after I got home, 'Tank' was sporting a new Bumble Bee kit cruising 25 mph. What a difference in ride vs. the 28x1.75 hybrid road bike.
EarthCruiser.jpg

Back