Rubber Motor Mount frame protectors?

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by Xtrm84, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. Xtrm84

    Xtrm84 New Member

    I noticed that a lot of you guys have a rubber sheet/tape around the frame where the mounts are. I realize that this is to prevent metal on metal rubbing but where did u get it and what is it? Thanks -Dan "Soon to be cruiser" B

  2. mickey

    mickey Guest

    I just use cut inner tube.
  3. I used rubber gasket material from the plumbing section of my local hardware store.
  4. eltatertoto

    eltatertoto Guest

    old innertubes work great, and they also reduce vibes.