SBP 4 Stoke Prototype

Guys,
Would love to do your high altitude engine and kit testing. If it works here, it'll work anywhere. Shoot, I'd even ride it up to 14,200 feet once the snow melts off of Pikes Peak.

Guys,
Would love to do your high altitude engine and kit testing. If it works here, it'll work anywhere. Shoot, I'd even ride it up to 14,200 feet once the snow melts off of Pikes Peak.

Hey I'm in the "Proving Ground State" all this stuff needs to be tested where the temps soar.

I am waiting on this 'cause I want to see how the guys work out the motor mouting which makes the shift kit such a good idea.

I don't think the design will change much from the photo. I works well with no problems. I just want to put a couple hundred miles on it before we go into production. I swapped out the gear box output sprocket from the freewheel type to the solid one and that is making me have to adjust the chain tension since the freewheel one is an 11 and the solid one is a 10. Because it is a prototype I can't just loosen the motor mounts and adjust the chain like will be possible on the production unit. I should get to that today and then I am off to riding.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a prototype unit so I can do the necessary high altitutde testing before it goes on sale :)

wow... very nice Ghost. I dont want to jump the gun here but can I ask how much this kit is going to cost??? this is very interesting!!!

I may convert one of my bikes to this setup....

Last edited:
We are getting close. We have just been so busy doing day to day business that we haven't had much time to finish sourcing all the parts.

It should be under $200 but we won't know for sure until we get all the parts and hardware together.

That is one great looking bike. I want! The only thing I'd question is that plethora of cables to the handlebars. I'm old and am easily confused by too many controls. I wonder how it would look/work with two hydraulic disc brakes operated by one brake lever master cylinder?

Looks can be deceiving, there is only a twist throttle, right and left brakes and an engager. I think it just looks more complicated because the cables are too long. You can always simplify it by using a dual pull brake lever as you suggest.

ok ghost

are clutches need this
what has your top speed been ?
and it looks as i thought it should or what i thought it should look like nicely done

Back