4 stroke engine running help

Go ahead and give it a try...Move the C clip one notch down to make it richer...If it straightens out and runs right, than your zeroed in.

If it runs worse, then put the C clip on the grove one notch above the middle groove to make it run leaner.

Let us know how it goes.
I played with the clip sone. Leaning it out made it worse.

I never tried the bottom position. I’m at the position just above the bottom. It seems to work pretty well not perfect. Probably can’t get perfect anyway and I’m probably expecting too much lol. I may try the bottom one to see if it’s better.

I played with the clip sone. Leaning it out made it worse.

I never tried the bottom position. I’m at the position just above the bottom. It seems to work pretty well not perfect. Probably can’t get perfect anyway and I’m probably expecting too much lol. I may try the bottom one to see if it’s better.
You may need to go to the bottom notch on the needle. To really fine tune it, it will probably take a custom/different profiled needle.

now you just need to read the plug. It may run better but it may still be a touch lean
After running got a bit wide open just pull it and check the color.

Here are three pictures of a plug. Kind of hard to get a good picture of it. What do you guys think?

I didn’t notice after it was hot in riding it for a bit that from idol to wide-open while going once in a while, there would have some slight hesitation.

Attachments

• IMG_8623.jpeg
    IMG_8623.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8624.jpeg
    IMG_8624.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8622.jpeg
    IMG_8622.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 57
After running got a bit wide open just pull it and check the color.

Here are three pictures of a plug. Kind of hard to get a good picture of it. What do you guys think?

I didn’t notice after it was hot in riding it for a bit that from idol to wide-open while going once in a while, there would have some slight hesitation.
I personally think you should go 1-2 jet sizes bigger on your main jet. Then you may need to raise your clip up on the needle. A 4 stroke air cooled engine runs better & cooler if it's a touch rich.

Back