4 stroke engine running help

No signals, just 3 red lights in the rear that I set to a strobe light setting, 2 side markers that I also strobe and 2 headlights with 2 built in horns that have several different sounds.

https://www.amazon.com/BURNINGSUN-Rechargeable-Headlight-Taillight-Flashlight/dp/B07DWCDWBL
https://www.amazon.com/Ascher-Recha...goods&sprefix=rear,sporting,208&sr=1-172&th=1

I have since changed my seat to a wider seat with dual spring rubber ball suspension.

https://www.amazon.com/YLG-Oversize...bs_6389389011_sccl_5/140-8922173-6734764?th=1
Thanks for the info and the seat you switched to looks like it would extend out past my schwinn tricycle wheels:)
but what was wrong with other one?
Not comfy enough or did it just suck?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
@DAMIEN1307 what jets do the bofeng use? They are like a honda jet if I remember correctly. Thanks.

@ImpulseRocket has a better source for jets than I do where you can get the individual sizes you have mentioned.

My only question is why are we pushing for more jets right off the bat before George in Maine has even at least tried what I have already said should be tried FIRST before spending anymore money as well as taking the carb apart, inserting different jets etc...The #70, that comes stock with the JRL BoFeng in most cases is usually perfect for his application at his location and elevation as I have already explained the reasons why in my previous posts to the point of "Ad Nauseum"!!!

The rule has always been ONE thing at a time so you can track what works, what doesn't work, etc. so that best outcomes can be achieved.

Try what I have said first, then we go from there as I have also previously stated in my other posts.
Bofeng uses Keihin jet number 99101-124, aka Honda jet is 99101-zf5.

I get jets from jetsrus.com mainly because I trust their quality. Cheap ebay/Amazon jet kits from China are inconsistent in my experience, thus not always matching up with the number stamped on them.

@ImpulseRocket has a better source for jets than I do where you can get the individual sizes you have mentioned.

My only question is why are we pushing for more jets right off the bat before George in Maine has even at least tried what I have already said should be tried FIRST before spending anymore money as well as taking the carb apart, inserting different jets etc...The #70, that comes stock with the JRL BoFeng in most cases is usually perfect for his application at his location and elevation as I have already explained the reasons why in my previous posts to the point of "Ad Nauseum"!!!

The rule has always been ONE thing at a time so you can track what works, what doesn't work, etc. so that best outcomes can be achieved.

Try what I have said first, then we go from there as I have also previously stated in my other posts.
I got my carb in the mail today. Clip is in the middle. Installed it on the bike. Appears very similar to the NT carb. It even says NT on the air filter housing. But Bofeng on the carb. It started right up.

I let it warm up, more noticeable power from the start compared to the NT. But from idle if I go to all the way to wide open it will bog and will stall out if I do not let up?

If I give it a little then wide open, it will go.

Or depending on how much I twist it may start to bog before going.

Hope that make sense.

Will moving my needle help? Move it down? I think it needs more fuel?

Thanks!

I got my carb in the mail today. Clip is in the middle. Installed it on the bike. Appears very similar to the NT carb. It even says NT on the air filter housing. But Bofeng on the carb. It started right up.

I let it warm up, more noticeable power from the start compared to the NT. But from idle if I go to all the way to wide open it will bog and will stall out if I do not let up?

If I give it a little then wide open, it will go.

Or depending on how much I twist it may start to bog before going.

Hope that make sense.

Thanks!
What's your spark plug telling you. Is it solid black or shiny new white?

Go ahead and give it a try...Move the C clip one notch down to make it richer...If it straightens out and runs right, than your zeroed in.

If it runs worse, then put the C clip on the grove one notch above the middle groove to make it run leaner.

Let us know how it goes.

Back