Schwinn Stingray OCC Black/Chrome Custom Phantom 85 v3

• Thread starter Deleted member 35519
  • Start date
This bike is absolutely amazing to drive. Barely 10 miles on the motor thus far. About to upgrade clutch pads, spring and plate.

Custom stuffed Tannus Armor tires with slime tubes.

- 20" stingray rim with Specialized Silent Whisper tire.
- Custom built 13g spoked all steal rim front with Drum Brake Strumery Archer wheel hub (stops on the dime!)
- Salvaged chrome OEM parts.
- Phantom 85 v3
- 33t CDH Power Sprocket
- BBR Tuning Stage 2 CDI.

IMG_20240215_010545455.jpg
IMG_20240215_010559826.jpg

Just need to get a bigger tank! I cut off the rear break arms, found no stable need for them. Next project int he future will be building a drum brake to the rear wheel. However I find it mearly impossible to find a 20 x 4 steel bike rim for the rear! All sources point to E-Bike Alluminum! If anybody happens to find a distributor let me know! Thanks!

I noticed you have your tank taped down. I drilled a hole through the frame . I took the mounting bracket and flipped it over ran the bolt through it and the frame

I noticed you have your tank taped down. I drilled a hole through the frame . I took the mounting bracket and flipped it over ran the bolt through it and the frame
Yeah My previous occ frame had the same thing going on from the previous owner, expect he was an idiot and JB welded studs to hold the brackets used to mount the tank. I met someone locally using an old 1959 Harley tank and boy does it look like slipping on one of those would be prefect.

Ive been having issues with the chain tensioner situation and im currently working on a new solution.
Probably just gonna convert the front wheel to disc brake and delete the back brake

Back