Engine Trouble Seeking help engine wont turn over

A lot of effort has gone into my bike and it has cost me two relationships - you know the deal when she says: it's me or the bike.

I still have my bike !!!

im having issues with my bike.... its a 2 cycle engine and i cant get it to start at all... have replaced spark plug and chain. now ive got the whole damn thing taken apart in my garage... im trying to turn the engine over manually and it will move back and forth but there is a certain point both ways where it just wont budge any further... is my engine seized? im new to mechanics so id appreciate any advice

could be as simple as a broken piece of casting stuck in a gear - how many miles on it?

not sure of the mileage.... bought it from a friend of a friend a couple weeks ago. it looks like its been used quite a bit however. I've taken the engine off and inspected the gears and there isn't anything stuck in there at all... i did notice however that the gears will only spin a certain distance either way then stop completely no matter how much i try to manually move them.... any further suggestions crassius?

Back