Engine Trouble Seeking help engine wont turn over

ok so i removed the outer left case where the crank arm goes into. i took off my chain(it was stretched) and was able to turn the engine over using a socket wrench. i hooked up my new cdi and new chain i just bought. i took it for a test run, then engine turns over but when i have the clutch squeezed and release it it seems to be not catching the engine and turning it over.

fuel mix is 40-1 4 litrees to 100 mils. Can someone correct me if im wrong. but when you pedal the bike and release the clutch, the clutch pads grip onto the crank and turn the engine over correct? if it doesnt than your clutch needs to be tightened correct?

The engine is f^%*ed

You need to purchase a new engine - no amount of discussion will help fix the problem.
That was really helpful.....

It turns out it wasn't seized and actually the only thing wrong
with it was the the little copper fitting in the plug cap was pulled
out so no spark before the newb owner f^%*ed with it. ;)

Now after messing with the flower nut and god know's what else
it's anyone's guess?

One thing is for sure - when a newbie (without researched knowledge) works on a rectification process, the end results are often not pretty.

As i've said before: sometimes it's best to start the day again with a new engine, for the sake of a newbie getting the bike up and running.

i did get it back up and running. actually from reading on here. and im 24 just never had one of these untill i bought one a week ago. never knew about engines untill recently i have a general knowledge ofthese things just cant figure out the first thing that i should look for. i figure i post all of the issues so no one has to ask me something(before) the actual problem

the engine wasnt turning over because the chain was jammed to begin with(resulting in a bent link) and second the clutch itself was not gripping onto the plates that is why my engine didnt turn over. i found alot of gunk build up around the crank shaft and my engine seems to stop at points when its turned over. but it can still be forced over with little pressure. what im trying to figure out is why it lost power at half throttle and died and didnt turn over...can a clutch slip while your running it?

i did get it back up and running. actually from reading on here. and im 24 just never had one of these untill i bought one a week ago. never knew about engines untill recently i have a general knowledge ofthese things just cant figure out the first thing that i should look for. i figure i post all of the issues so no one has to ask me something(before) the actual problem

the engine wasnt turning over because the chain was jammed to begin with(resulting in a bent link) and second the clutch itself was not gripping onto the plates that is why my engine didnt turn over. i found alot of gunk build up around the crank shaft and my engine seems to stop at points when its turned over. but it can still be forced over with little pressure. what im trying to figure out is why it lost power at half throttle and died and didnt turn over...can a clutch slip while your running it?

You need to think about your posts before writing them. They are really confusing.

Yes a clutch can slip if incorrectly adjusted.

oh btw nice bike fabian. that is the best bike ive seen yet. you put alot of time and money into this thing. good job

Back