Engine Trouble Seeking help engine wont turn over

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by scythyn, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

I noticed nobody mentioned fuel mix. Possibly seized from lack of lubrication?

<
  2. scythyn

scythyn New Member

ok so i removed the outer left case where the crank arm goes into. i took off my chain(it was stretched) and was able to turn the engine over using a socket wrench. i hooked up my new cdi and new chain i just bought. i took it for a test run, then engine turns over but when i have the clutch squeezed and release it it seems to be not catching the engine and turning it over.

3. scythyn

scythyn New Member

fuel mix is 40-1 4 litrees to 100 mils. Can someone correct me if im wrong. but when you pedal the bike and release the clutch, the clutch pads grip onto the crank and turn the engine over correct? if it doesnt than your clutch needs to be tightened correct?

4. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

That was really helpful.....

It turns out it wasn't seized and actually the only thing wrong
    with it was the the little copper fitting in the plug cap was pulled
    out so no spark before the newb owner f^%*ed with it. ;)

Now after messing with the flower nut and god know's what else
    it's anyone's guess?

:iamwithstupid:

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure - when a newbie (without researched knowledge) works on a rectification process, the end results are often not pretty.

As i've said before: sometimes it's best to start the day again with a new engine, for the sake of a newbie getting the bike up and running.

6. scythyn

scythyn New Member

i did get it back up and running. actually from reading on here. and im 24 just never had one of these untill i bought one a week ago. never knew about engines untill recently i have a general knowledge ofthese things just cant figure out the first thing that i should look for. i figure i post all of the issues so no one has to ask me something(before) the actual problem

7. scythyn

scythyn New Member

the engine wasnt turning over because the chain was jammed to begin with(resulting in a bent link) and second the clutch itself was not gripping onto the plates that is why my engine didnt turn over. i found alot of gunk build up around the crank shaft and my engine seems to stop at points when its turned over. but it can still be forced over with little pressure. what im trying to figure out is why it lost power at half throttle and died and didnt turn over...can a clutch slip while your running it?

8. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

You need to think about your posts before writing them. They are really confusing.

Yes a clutch can slip if incorrectly adjusted.

9. scythyn

scythyn New Member

still no one has an answer as to why it lost poweR?

10. scythyn

scythyn New Member

oh btw nice bike fabian. that is the best bike ive seen yet. you put alot of time and money into this thing. good job

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

A lot of effort has gone into my bike and it has cost me two relationships - you know the deal when she says: it's me or the bike.

I still have my bike !!!

12. scythyn

scythyn New Member

lol good man

13. Justin2583

Justin2583 New Member

im having issues with my bike.... its a 2 cycle engine and i cant get it to start at all... have replaced spark plug and chain. now ive got the whole damn thing taken apart in my garage... im trying to turn the engine over manually and it will move back and forth but there is a certain point both ways where it just wont budge any further... is my engine seized? im new to mechanics so id appreciate any advice

14. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

could be as simple as a broken piece of casting stuck in a gear - how many miles on it?

15. Justin2583

Justin2583 New Member

not sure of the mileage.... bought it from a friend of a friend a couple weeks ago. it looks like its been used quite a bit however. I've taken the engine off and inspected the gears and there isn't anything stuck in there at all... i did notice however that the gears will only spin a certain distance either way then stop completely no matter how much i try to manually move them.... any further suggestions crassius?