So whats the deal with these HD hubs

Ok about this hub, does it accept a multispeed freewheel or cassette on the right side? I looked and squinted at the pics I found online and I can't tell. I bought one today but I still was never sure whether it uses a single or multi speed. Anyone know? Plz advise...

I haven't actually tried 'em on, still waiting on the trike. My feeling is that with the axle set as it comes from the seller, no, single speed freewheel only. I'll take one to work with me tomorrow, and see if the axle can be shifted to the right (even with the strap brake on there, there's 1 1/8" of axle on the left side). If it can be shifted over, a multi-gear freewheel should fit. It might be very snug, but it should fit. Frankly, if it gives me much trouble at all, I'll buy a Nu Vinci for the trike and use these on some other project.

I ordered one of these things from bicycle-engines.com and I can't find a single-speed freewheel to fit the pedal side. I've gone to several bike shops and standard threads don't work. Does anyone know where to get the bicycle-chain side freewheel for these?

Back