Heavy-Duty Clutch Spring Info

francisjohn

Local time
6:05 AM
This may be old news, but here is info for the HD Spring.

BBR does sell one, however I'm uneasy about buying a spring that 1) Costs more 2) Costs more and has zero specs and 3) Being able to buy a spring, have the specs listed so if you need to buy elsewhere, you can.

I'm wondering, does anyone know what the max lbs load on the stock spring? I don't want to buy one too weak, but also don't want to get one that is too strong and won't disengage.

McCaster-Carr Spring

Video on the upgraded spring

Attachments

• 2023-09-17 17_20_36-McMaster-Carr.png
    2023-09-17 17_20_36-McMaster-Carr.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 80
CG means "China Girl" as in the usual run of the mill Chinese motors that say they are 80cc but in reality are only 64 to 69.4cc if it is a Zeda 80 motor...Also the so-called 100cc motors which are only around 77cc in reality.
So your saying a China Girls jugs are not as big as they say they are lol

CG means "China Girl" as in the usual run of the mill Chinese motors that say they are 80cc but in reality are only 64 to 69.4cc if it is a Zeda 80 motor...Also the so-called 100cc motors which are only around 77cc in reality

Ah yes, I am aware of the innacurate displacement on all of them (other than the 48cc that is sometimes reported as a 49 or 50cc :ROFLMAO:) I wasn't sure if he meant china girl or something completely different, didn't want to assume.
Is it the spring on the shaft?

Yep, it is the spring for the clutch assembly.

Back