Spark plug in the way of the piston and a load of other problems

Emcee

Local time
3:47 AM
EDIT : I appreciate everyone's help. I solved the issue. Big shout out to @Zak for anyone who stumbled upon this thread with the same issue. The arm that you run your clutch cable through needed to be adjusted. I had to have my friend push the arm into the engine more while I use pliers and pull on the clutch cable and tighten the screw

Hey everyone,

So, the spark plug that came with my kit which looks like a standard auto spark plug is getting in the way of the piston. When I take the spark plug out, I can roll the bike forward. I have never owned a motor bike or anything like it.

Here's my first question - Why is the spark plug when it's in is preventing the engine compression. Can I get a shorter plug?

Second question, With not being able to roll backwards but forward, is this a clutch problem?

Third question, when you engage the clutch, can you pedal on it like a normal bike? When I peddle, I can hear the engine compression. I am so green to this that I thought you could just pedal as usual. It's definitely more difficult to pedal with the clutch engaged.

Fourth question, I have a white wire coming out of the engine. Everything else is connected but I have no place for this white wire. I couldn't find anything on it.

Here's a video of the problem

Did you happen to read this on the other thread???, I saw no answer and it looks like your starting a new thread here to discuss it again.

That helped. Thanks dude. I have another problem though. My bike has no problem rolling when the spark plug isn't in. When the spark plug is in my wheel is stuck as if the piston (I would assume) is hitting the spark plug
And do you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked when trying to do this so it isnt engaged???...lol...That will stop you from rolling right there...lol.

Third question, when you engage the clutch, can you pedal on it like a normal bike? When I peddle, I can hear the engine compression. I am so green to this that I thought you could just pedal as usual. It's definitely more difficult to pedal with the clutch engaged.

Of course not...Clutch has to be disengaged to either roll it or pedal it,... just like a standard shift car...it is parked in gear with clutch fully engaged and it keeps it in place so it does not roll.

Everything else is connected but I have no place for this white wire. I couldn't find anything on it.
Cut off the white wire and just tape it off and tuck it in...It is useless and does not supply enough power to run lights and the motor at the same time.

Did you happen to read this on the other thread???, I saw no answer and it looks like your starting a new thread here to discuss it again.

And do you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked when trying to do this so it isnt engaged???...lol...That will stop you from rolling right there...lol.

Of course not...Clutch has to be disengaged to either roll it or pedal it,... just like a standard shift car...it is parked in gear with clutch fully engaged and it keeps it in place so it does not roll.

Cut off the white wire and just tape it off and tuck it in...It is useless and does not supply enough power to run lights and the motor at the same time.
I don't double post. I don't have any other threads with the questions I asked.

So my clutch doesn't have a pin like I've seen. It has these notches that you put in a groove to make it stay.

So by peddling with no gas and oil yet. Isn't it bad for me to let's say pedal to go get gas because nothing is oiled yet.

Does you know why when my spark plug is in the engine the engine has a hard time compressing but

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_090929111~2.jpg
    IMG_20220716_090929111~2.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 97
Do not pedal anywhere if your engine is in motion and not running. You'll screw it up because there's no oil / gas going through it.

I'm not sure how to answer your questions, you're not quite explaining this properly.

How do you know the piston is hitting the spark plug?

I don't double post. I don't have any other threads with the questions I asked.

So my clutch doesn't have a pin like I've seen. It has these notches that you put in a groove to make it stay.

So by peddling with no gas and oil yet. Isn't it bad for me to let's say pedal to go get gas because nothing is oiled yet.

Does you know why when my spark plug is in the engine the engine has a hard time compressing but
That is the nature of the beast with that clutch handle. I don't like them. I carry a small length of velcro tape (not the sticky kind) wrapped around my handlebars in case I need to pedal and have to clutch handle pulled.

The handles with the pin aren't as common in kits now-a-days.

Do not pedal anywhere if your engine is in motion and not running. You'll screw it up because there's no oil / gas going through it.

I'm not sure how to answer your questions, you're not quite explaining this properly.

How do you know the piston is hitting the spark plug?
Ok thanks for confirming running it dry, I appreciate it. When I take the spark plug out, I can roll the bike forward and backwards with no issue. When I put the spark plug in, I have a very difficult time. The only thing that's allows me and prevents me is no sparkplug and then putting a spark plug

When your spark plug is out, there is no compression and your engine turns freely. Your engine should not easily turn freely with your spark plug installed.

Imagine crushing an empty water bottle with the lid screwed on tight compared to crushing the same empty water bottle with no lid

That's because without the spark plug the engine makes no compression. With it in, it does.

Your clutch isn't disengaging.

When your spark plug is out, there is no compression and your engine turns freely. Your engine should not easily turn freely with your spark plug installed.

Imagine crushing an empty water bottle with the lid screwed on tight compared to crushing the same empty water bottle with no lid
It's to the point of I can't even move the bike. There is no way to peddle this to get it started. I get what you're saying with the water bottle analogy. It isn't like I'm just having a difficult time peddling it's that I can't move the bike at all.

Your clutch isn't disengaging.
Yeah it sounds like your clutch isn't disengaging. Is your clutch handle pulled in both spark plug scenerios? If the clutch is disengaged, there should be no connection between your wheel and the piston.

Back