Spark plug in the way of the piston and a load of other problems

It's to the point of I can't even move the bike. There is no way to peddle this to get it started. I get what you're saying with the water bottle analogy. It isn't like I'm just having a difficult time peddling it's that I can't move the bike at all.
Are you using the plug that came with the kit?

I cannot pedal my bike from a dead stop if my clutch isn't disengaged. I have to pull the clutch to disengage, get up to about 10mph and then engage the clutch (let go of the handle) and if my bike doesn't start, it is going to stop me pretty fast. Pedalling with the cluch engaged is damn near impossible.

post up a pic of your spark plug and also take a pic of the piston through the hole. Some guys on here will be able to tell you exactly whats going on. Don't get discouraged. It took me a few weeks to get my first engine running and 90% of the problem was getting my clutch all good. Mine happened to be oily from the factory and never engaged to turn the crank. Two weeks of pedalling my ass off 30 seconds at a time to learn that lesson.

I cannot pedal my bike from a dead stop if my clutch isn't disengaged. I have to pull the clutch to disengage, get up to about 10mph and then engage the clutch (let go of the handle) and if my bike doesn't start, it is going to stop me pretty fast. Pedalling with the cluch engaged is damn near impossible.
That's the problem. I pull the clutch and the bike doesn't move when the spark plug is in. Here's a video of it

That's the problem. I pull the clutch and the bike doesn't move when the spark plug is in. Here's a video of it

Your clutch isn't adjusted properly. I can hear your piston moving with the handle pulled. For clarification. The clutch is "engaged" with the handle out. The clutch is "disengaged" (the clutch is apart and the two pieces are not "engaged") when you pull your handle.

You're gonna want to undo the screw on your clutch arm, push the arm in just past the point of where it gets tough to push, pull the wire out tight, and tighten up that screw (easier with two people or vise-grips). Or, you can adjust the flower nut on the other side but off the top of my head I can't give instructions on that. I will look for a video to help you.

Also someone on this forum once pointed out using a zip tie to hold your clutch arm in position. I've never tried it.

I don't double post. I don't have any other threads with the questions I asked.

So my clutch doesn't have a pin like I've seen. It has these notches that you put in a groove to make it stay.

So by peddling with no gas and oil yet. Isn't it bad for me to let's say pedal to go get gas because nothing is oiled yet.

Does you know why when my spark plug is in the engine the engine has a hard time compressing but
Well here it is where you asked about it....Please don't tell me that you don't double post as you put it.

That helped. Thanks dude. I have another problem though. My bike has no problem rolling when the spark plug isn't in. When the spark plug is in my wheel is stuck as if the piston (I would assume) is hitting the spark plug
And do you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked when trying to do this so it isnt engaged???...lol...That will stop you from rolling right there...lol.

Back