Sprocket drive adapters

gearhead437

Local time
6:47 PM
Dear Fellow Members-Does anyone have any experience with the Manic Mechanic rear sprocket adapter with sprocket? Here's the E-bay link:

Looks like a great idea. As always, appreciate any feedback-Gearhead222

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've seen these advertised in different sizes so you'll just have to measure the diameter of your hub first. I saw a great idea on YouTube where a guy machined a slot in the adapter to accept a key. Then he took a Dremel Tool and ground a corresponding grove in the hub. This key now prevents the adapter from slipping if the bolts won't hold it tight.

I've seen these advertised in different sizes so you'll just have to measure the diameter of your hub first. I saw a great idea on YouTube where a guy machined a slot in the adapter to accept a key. Then he took a Dremel Tool and ground a corresponding grove in the hub. This key now prevents the adapter from slipping if the bolts won't hold it tight.
Great idea. I've found when pressure connecting dissimilar metals such as aluminum and steel, slippages occur.

If you want to do that the easier way, just use a roll pin. Drill out your adaptor (one hole) and a hole in the hub. Tap the roll pin in and snug the adaptor down. (y)(y)

Probably want a 4mm though.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Dear Fellow Members-Seen the Bikeberry video and have a Huffy Hyper Beach Cruiser incoming. Keeping all fingers crossed that it arrives in one piece with decent rims-we will see. There are SO many offerings out there that it boggles the mind. Here's an E-Bay model I'm very interested in, as it appears that the sprocket is made out of a steel alloy instead of aluminum:

The manic mechanic mentioned that the cruiser hub tolerances for his sprocket adapter are only from 1.520-1.528", so am very curious to hear from actual users of ANY sprocket adapters from any source-Gearhead437

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Tomato or Tamahto? Other than splitting hairs, appreciate any detailed replies on manic mechanic or other brand sprocket adapters/sprocket kits:)-Gearhead437

Tomato or Tamahto? Other than splitting hairs, appreciate any detailed replies on manic mechanic or other brand sprocket adapters/sprocket kits:)-Gearhead437
The Tomato or Tamahto of this one is the Hyper has a heavier, thicker tubing, and better welding than the Huffy...I know because I've had both now...lol.

Back