Sprockets Drive sprocket spacer

I think we have the same wheels. I made a spacer out of aluminum plate to off set the sprocket inward. I have a steel 40 T dished sprocket. Took several tries to get the alignment right.

I have to agree that if the drive sprocket isn't fully seated on it's taper, you will have problems.

These pictures don't show it all that well but they are all I have.

Attachments

• SprocketDisc.jpg
    SprocketDisc.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Mockup#3.jpg
    Mockup#3.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 31
If you are running a sprocket hub adapter, why not just slide your hub adapter in or out to get perfect chain alignment.

EDIT : Your drive sprocket is aluminum? Don't think I have seen one of those.... did not think it would be durable enough with a chain eating at the teeth with that amount of torque? Interesting.

I guess after a google, they are quite common... may even have one on my Motoped! :unsure:
My wheel sprocket is aluminum.
If you are running a sprocket hub adapter, why not just slide your hub adapter in or out to get perfect chain alignment.
No, no hub adapter, it is a disc brake hub. I'll post pictures tonight, the bolts are almost touching the spokes, so I have no more adjustments there

If this issue is about a millimeter or two, why don't you just slot your motor mount holes a bit and line it up? Or will that create ohter problems? If you're thinking about keeping the motor on the balance point, the amount of weight transfer could easily be offset by putting some rocks in your opposite pocket. LOL

If this issue is about a millimeter or two, why don't you just slot your motor mount holes a bit and line it up? Or will that create ohter problems? If you're thinking about keeping the motor on the balance point, the amount of weight transfer could easily be offset by putting some rocks in your opposite pocket. LOL
The rear motor mount is a little difficult to adjust. I will try that if it isn't lined up. I do understand the taper of the shaft and I do realize it isn't a great idea to spave the sprocket out.

Not sure what you have going on there? Just the sprocket bolted to the hub and the chain on the inside of it?

Back