Stanton chain drive or GEBE timing belt?

Well thank you everyone for your replies and advice. It confirmed what I was already thinking. I went with the EHO35 Robin/Subaru inside drive w/ 12 tooth drive sprocket and a new wheel from Staton. The freewheeling will definetly be a plus as Ohio's laws are a little vague on the subject of motored bikes. I plan to make some sort of cover for it that will look like a soft sided bag with plenty of air flow for the engine. I'll just have to keep an eye out for the police and hit the kill switch when I see them. I just placed the order and it will be shipped 09/02. Can't wait to join the ranks!
Thanks again everyone,
Roger

What's your top speed going to be with a 12 tooth sprocket? I have the 17 tooth with the tle43 (2.2hp) 35 to 40mph on level road, and it can make moderate hills without any pedal assist, I'm thinking with the torque of the EHO35, maybe you could go as high as a 14 or 15 tooth sprocket. I don't know how the hills are in your area, but it seems you're gonna lose some top end. But the good news is the sprockets aren't expensive and they're easy to change if you need to. Good luck withyour build. :D

It was recomended to get the 12T as I am 210 pounds. My area of use is fairly flat, we'll see how it does, they said each tooth up or down will change top end by about 3 MPH. The sprockets are cheap enough to experiment with.

If it hasn't shipped yet you might want to add the 14 tooth to your order. It
would save $10 on shipping if you had to order separately. You can swap gears when you need to. I ordered the 15 tooth for when I need more pulling power, I can't afford the new vinci right now.:LOL:

I asked to get the next bigger sprocket when I placed the order for the engine kit and he talked me out of it, but I called back and ordered it anyway. Good idea. Thanks.

Kit arrived from Staton

Well I decided on the EHO35 Robin/Subaru inside drive w/ 12 tooth drive sprocket, also bought the 14 tooth to try out, and a new wheel from Staton. I got my kit in UPS today at 11:30 and took my test ride at 2:30 in a fairly heavy rain. Not far just around the parking lot. Good power and quieter than I expected. Can't wait to ride it to work! Thanks everyone for your input, this sight was a huge help.

Back