Switchblade build or fools errand?

150+ cc in california makes it a motorcycle. The gx/gc 140 doesn't have many aftermarket parts. The gx120 has tons of aftermarket parts, can get over 15 hp maxed out.
Is that for real? You're hard pressed to get a Honda horizontal clone pitbike engine to put out more than 12 HP with 125cc's without bumping the displacement to 140cc.

Exactly. It's what they call a roller brake. It's what came on both front and rear of my Moto Glides.

To put a disc on the front or the rear for that mater You need to get the proper hub.

With the rotor installed on the hub, the wheel installed in the forks, and the proper size adapter matching the rotor size attached to the caliper at mid range of in/out adjustment you position the caliper on the rotor with inside and outside pad equally adjusted in on the rotor to hold tight and caliper positioned where the pads have full face contact, and the caliper body is not touching the rotor.
You then have to fabricate a mount to weld to the tube to bolt the caliper adapter to.
Attach the fabricated mount to the caliper adapter, check all of the above insuring the caliper body is clear of the rotor and pads have full contact. Then weld away.
What I've just described is a old school way, and what Chris is doing could cut a lot of corners in fabrication of the mount. Placement of the mount for welding will still be the same.
Thank you Gary- I guess I couldn’t wrap my head around this for a bit- I see you have provided the information I need. Looks like I need a hub...
Anywhere one might go for this? Maybe I’ll start another thread brake specific.

Maybe should have started with this...
Goal(ish) cruise at 30mph, top out at maybe 40mph?
Let’s talk motors (again) shall we? After much consideration I’m leaning heavily towards the Lifan 160f which is a Honda gx120 clone. I’m still open to suggestions- my thought is 4hp is plenty, it’s cheap, and I can get it easy enough.
Honda has a gx100 that would be sweet but it’s over $400
Another option- Lifan lf152f-3q it is alternately advertised as 79cc or 97cc the harbor freight site lists that as the ‘compare to’ the 79cc predator. However the lifan has a verticality oriented cylinder. It looks like the Honda gx100

A little update- I can NOT get the Lifan 160f. You see in California we are advanced, some might say “woke”- as a result we are doing our part to prevent climate change. And since all you poor bastards in the rest of the world refuse to recognize the earths impending doom, the enlightened are responsible to do our part and yours as well. Therefore the grossly polluting mini motor will not be delivered to this utopia. Nonetheless I shall persevere.
I am working on getting 2 used (pressure washer) Honda gc160’s delivered- might look like this-

Attachments

• 151D0825-0650-4D15-A14F-435EC861A3FB.jpeg
    151D0825-0650-4D15-A14F-435EC861A3FB.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 164
  • CF0E611C-5CD2-420C-B8CA-7E3A1D6F6C93.jpeg
    CF0E611C-5CD2-420C-B8CA-7E3A1D6F6C93.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 172
Wildfires emit more CO2 every year in California than all of the transportation sector in California. Better stop growing trees as well.

We must not molest the trees- that’s where the spotted owls reside. Which is why we don’t manage the forest.

What about sprocket selection? It looks like the tav2 has a 1:3 ratio- then a 10 or 12 tooth output sprocket- so from there to the rear?

It sounds like it would just be easier to move to a more 2 stroke friendly state. The tree huggers have implemented carbon taxing here in Canada and would love to banish all things petroleum. The government just spent 4.5 billion dollars on a pipeline here and then canceled it all on the taxpayers dime. Dont get me wrong im all for having a cleaner greener planet but in Canada we are 1% of the world's population taxing us and trying to make everyone electric isnt going to solve anything when China and India do absolutely nothing and own half of the world's populations.

So true. The northern forests that circles the globe and lots of it is in Canada locks in way way way more carbon and exchanges more oxygen than all the rain forests combined. Why don't they teach that in elementary? We spent months on rainforests that are doomed from natural warming anyway (yes the glaciers are receded, no you can't blame humans).

With our current power infrastructure we would not be able to sustain a ban on gas engines and force everyone to run electric. There would be rolling blackouts worldwide from folks charging their cars.

Back