thanks from seattle

hey thanks kc - after a ride or 2 the CNS idle seems to be working its way into goodness.

I see a tiny bit of fuel in the bottom tube now - anything I should worry about?

I think its running a bit lean. Can this be adjusted or do I have to put in a larger jet?
A tiny bit of fuel in the bottom of the bottom hose is normal overflow if you do hills, tip the bike sideways, etc, that's it purpose, to get the fuel out before it floods the engine.

Whay makes you think you are running too lean, is your plug insulator bright white and not a shade of light milk chocolate?

All I can advice you against everyone that says break the lock cap off the idle mix screw to adjust or change jets, etc, is at ~1500' altitude here in the desert the carps are perfect, changing the idle air mix is going to screw up your high end as they overlap in this example of the carb function.

27_CarbTune.jpg.FP

Lean is good so long as you don't get too hot and the right plug heat range decides that as much as the fuel mix looking at the plug.

My point is simple and I mentioned it it, a good plug in the heat range for your use is pretty much all it takes, it's cheap and damn easy to try first.

is your plug insulator bright white

yeah - its pretty white, but not bright - I think maybe I just play with a few variations on cooler plugs - maybe not even worth worrying about.

Im at sea level =- and yes hills, every day, all day long.

Back