The making of a carburetor flange adapter

6blueoval9

Local time
10:19 AM
I'll be purchasing a new carburetor in the near future to use with my Zeda80 as it reaches the higher stages of horsepower.

The problem I'm finding is that nobody is really offering an adapter to bolt on to the common 48mm flange bolt spacing....My plan is to make 2 of these flanges both using a different sized tubing for different carburetor usage.

My choice of material will be 6061-T6 aluminum plate and seamless tubing.

I'll be ordering the materials soon and when I find the spare time ill start the project.

I may make a few extras of these available should anyone be interested in one.

To be continued.

How did this come out? I used base ball bat tubing cheep at garage sales. But is taperd.........Curt

I haven't done it yet...one of a big list of things to do and well you know how those lists go. Lol....I LL get to it eventually.

I was wanting to try that Keihin pz16 clone so that's why I wouldve needed to make a flange...I'm trying the NT Speed 16mm carb first though that slips on so I haven't started the flange project just yet but I do plan to compare the two carbs so I'll have to at some point.

Sounds good, the resin i used the bat tube is on 4 stroke to funnel down from bigger carb to engine, and a little length for mid range boost.................Curt

Back