The new kawasaki electric motor bikes are super disappointing.

cloakedvillain

Local time
3:41 AM
Were I a big business man in charge of a big motorcycle company wanting to put out some electric sport bikes I would contract a reputable ev manufacturer for the power train and batteries and use a 125 chassis. Save a lot on tooling and the aero will help with range.

Could definitely get a msrp below 5k usd with a happy margin using everything but the drive train from a 125 sport bike.

Same for the mini motos, the hard part is already done: just throw in a hub motor and a battery where the engine was.

I bet that 7k electric Kaw is limited from the factory as in programming to tame it down. There is soo much programming on the new electric bikes & vehicles it's scary. I also bet It can be programmed to be a beast.

All the programming in the controllers has some exciting potential for traction control. Dynamic braking (also called regen braking if it charges a battery instead of just dumping the current into a resistor) is very good at threshold braking because it can't lock the wheels up.

The tech is interesting and exciting. Not a lot of EV or hybrid sport bikes. A lot of money being made with surrons and the like for off road riding though. That varg electric mx looks slick but the economics and physics favor light weight and small bikes.

All the programming in the controllers has some exciting potential for traction control. Dynamic braking (also called regen braking if it charges a battery instead of just dumping the current into a resistor) is very good at threshold braking because it can't lock the wheels up.

The tech is interesting and exciting. Not a lot of EV or hybrid sport bikes. A lot of money being made with surrons and the like for off road riding though. That varg electric mx looks slick but the economics and physics favor light weight and small bikes.
Check out the Maeving RM1S electric motorcycle. I'll buy in the next 2 years or less. There are available for order now.

The off road bikes have much lower EPA and FED vehicle standard hurdles to jump.

FMVSS- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
EPA - Environmental Protection Agency
DOT Dept of Transportation
CARB - California Air Resources Board

Back