Engine Trouble The sound of 4 stroking?

Stock is .7mm. .6 to .4 will up the comp. around 10 psi. I would start with the .6 and see where your at.

Well fellas I appreciate all the advice but as usual I have the worst fuc!ing luck. I was hit by a car today while taking my MB to my garage to work on the stripped threads. I wasn't under power, just going down a steep hill, when a car made a turn without using a turn signal. I hit the back door and flew over the car and broke my leg. I now have to get a plate screwed into my bone..... I'll be out of operation for some time!!

Hope you knit up quick Carl. I also hope you sue the s**t out of the idiot driving the car. I'm guessing a right turn right in front of you? I have fell pray to that twice, and now I am always on edge at intersections. You know they are supposed to make certain the path is clear in all directions before changing their path of travel. Them making a right in front of you is no different than if the made a left in front of a vehicle in the lane to their left.

Hope you knit up quick Carl. I also hope you sue the sh*t out of the idiot driving the car. I'm guessing a right turn right in front of you? I have fell pray to that twice, and now I am always on edge at intersections. You know they are supposed to make certain the path is clear in all directions before changing their path of travel.
What exactly happened was I was driving on the pavement in the direction of oncoming traffic. The lane that was going in the same direction of me was backed up. The driver decided he would turn at the last second instead of waiting. So when a truck passed he made his turn and I didn't see him make his turn cause the truck blocked my view and by the time I seen him it was to late and Bam! I created a thread with some attached pics. I'm not sure of the laws so I'm unsure if I can sue but if so I will!

Hope you knit up quick Carl. I also hope you sue the sh*t out of the idiot driving the car. I'm guessing a right turn right in front of you? I have fell pray to that twice, and now I am always on edge at intersections. You know they are supposed to make certain the path is clear in all directions before changing their path of travel. Them making a right in front of you is no different than if the made a left in front of a vehicle in the lane to their left.
When I get some additional pics of my bike do you think you could take a look to see all what I'll need to get? I'm contacting the guys insurance company and maybe a lawyer on Monday, see what happens.

You technically had the right of way as long as there's not a law saying you need to stop while on a bicycle, and that there is no law against riding a bike in that area, unless the traffic at that intersection in your direction of travel had a stop sign, in which case you are to blame, probably in full since you didn't stop.

I know pa has a lot of laws though regarding pedestrians and such, including bikes, where it's basically law that any pedestrian has a right of way so to speak when traveling through a walkway. In other words if the driver had enough time to see if somebody was using the crosswalk (he was stuck in traffic which means he did) and be able to stop then they must stop, at any rate if you hit them you should stop too so basically stop for people in the road and you don't get sued.

Now the part where he forgot his turn signal, I really hope the police report states it and that at least one witness was able to verify. If so then you have a nearly completely rock solid case, and any good lawyer would highly recommend his client (the guy you're suing) try to settle out of court.

I don't know how old you are but if you have kids then I'd say sue and put at least half away for them when you die, next time you might not get so lucky and it's easier to hand out gift certificates than to let your family squabble over money that really just fell out of the sky.

Your son can still fix and ride bikes, hold a hundred dollars over his head (what teenagers really want) and bend him to your wheelchair. I mean will.

Here's the fly in the ointment, and it will depend on local laws. You were riding it the lane of opposing traffic. In most places I have lived the law is you are to ride in the lane that is going in the same direction as you are. In this case he or she would not be expected to know of the possibility of your sudden presence as it is unnatural and illegal for you to be traveling in this manor. It would be like having to expect you to fall from the sky. If you fell from the sky would it be his fault? His lack of indicating a turn is no more wrong and probably far less provable than your traveling on the wrong side of the road. However not all cities require that you not ride opposing traffic, and if this is the case in your instance you may have something. With you being on the wrong side of the road he may be the one with the case. So look into the possible areas where the law will dictate fault before pissing the guy off or contacting his insurance.

You technically had the right of way as long as there's not a law saying you need to stop while on a bicycle, and that there is no law against riding a bike in that area, unless the traffic at that intersection in your direction of travel had a stop sign, in which case you are to blame, probably in full since you didn't stop.

I know pa has a lot of laws though regarding pedestrians and such, including bikes, where it's basically law that any pedestrian has a right of way so to speak when traveling through a walkway. In other words if the driver had enough time to see if somebody was using the crosswalk (he was stuck in traffic which means he did) and be able to stop then they must stop, at any rate if you hit them you should stop too so basically stop for people in the road and you don't get sued.

Now the part where he forgot his turn signal, I really hope the police report states it and that at least one witness was able to verify. If so then you have a nearly completely rock solid case, and any good lawyer would highly recommend his client (the guy you're suing) try to settle out of court.

I don't know how old you are but if you have kids then I'd say sue and put at least half away for them when you die, next time you might not get so lucky and it's easier to hand out gift certificates than to let your family squabble over money that really just fell out of the sky.

Your son can still fix and ride bikes, hold a hundred dollars over his head (what teenagers really want) and bend him to your wheelchair. I mean will.
Here's the fly in the ointment, and it will depend on local laws. You were riding it the lane of opposing traffic. In most places I have lived the law is you are to ride in the lane that is going in the same direction as you are. In this case he or she would not be expected to know of the possibility of your sudden presence as it is unnatural and illegal for you to be traveling in this manor. It would be like having to expect you to fall from the sky. If you fell from the sky would it be his fault? His lack of indicating a turn is no more wrong and probably far less provable than your traveling on the wrong side of the road. However not all cities require that you not ride opposing traffic, and if this is the case in your instance you may have something. With you being on the wrong side of the road he may be the one with the case. So look into the possible areas where the law will dictate fault before pissing the guy off or contacting his insurance.

I attached a satellite photo so you can get a better idea of the situation. The accident occurred exactly where the white car is in the photo but over in the next lane, approximately 10 ft. from the driver side of the white car. There is no stop sign for the driver of the car or of course myself. Also Gary I was not in the street, I said I was on the side of oncoming traffic simply to describe what side of the street I was on. I was driving on the sidewalk that you can see in the pic.
It's Bike Week here in Erie, meaning there's 150,000+ bikers and they pack the streets and meet in random parking lots. I believe traffic was backed up cause the bikers were coming & going to the parking lot a bit up on the right. I looked over to the lane going in the same direction as me to see if anyone was deciding on turning and seen no turn signals. As I got closer to the corner there was a truck coming in my direction, I pumped the breaks a bit til I was sure he wasn't turning and when I decided he wasn't I crossed the street. The car couldn't be seen cause the truck blocked my view and by the time I seen him it was simply to late. Poor leg.

img_0892-png.78046

IMG_0896.JPG

$37 hurts, look for the help brand threaded inserts at autozone. for $37 you could just buy a new set of case halves and have enough money for a good 6 pack left over

edit:

oh hell I was reading the first page. if you need advice from friday it still stands.

Back