Thinking of going to the dark side! 1st electric bike recommendations.

Ha ha, that battery listing says less than when you click on select, none are that price.
LOL I've never used that vendor i just liked that battery :ROFLMAO:

Search around there are alot of battery makers/sellers out there just be very careful.

Guys & gals I'm thinking of venturing to a electric bike/moped. What would be a good bike to buy for a $2000 limit. It's got to be dual suspension & would like a fat tires 20" tall or taller. I've been thinking about the ENGWE M20 Dual battery model. Any of electric freaks out there like to give me a good recommendation on what to look at. Thanks.View attachment 197656

Now ya got me wanting to order one of these and add another battery :unsure:

Now ya got me wanting to order one of these and add another battery :unsure:
Which one you thinking about ENGWE M20 & adding a front motor. I'm sure glad somebody is around to help me on this ebike stuff. Yeah you already got me, wanting to mod my new ebike!! Or build another ebike.

Which one you thinking about ENGWE M20 & adding a front motor. I'm sure glad somebody is around to help me on this ebike stuff. Yeah you already got me, wanting to mod my new ebike!! Or build another ebike.
The one you ordered is the one i'd prolly add a third battery to, then maybe a thin shunt mod in the controller if need be.

Could just do the shunt mod then over volt the system with 52v batteries (3 of them LOL)

These things get interesting :)

The one you ordered is the one i'd prolly add a third battery to, then maybe a thin shunt mod in the controller if need be.

Could just do the shunt mod then over volt the system with 52v batteries (3 of them LOL)

These things get interesting :)
Yeah I'm hoping that new dual motor ebike I ordered turns out to be a decent 1st ebike for me. Lmao I'm already wanting to mod it. I'm wandering if I should order a spare battery, or just wait & upgrade to a higher voltage & amperage controller & batterys at a later date.

I'd wait and learn from this setup brother.
Then go for 52v (at least) 35ah batteries. I think you will be able to overvolt through that controller/controllers to that level.

Once you get your hands on the ebike and start tinkering around you'll learn quick ;)

I'd wait and learn from this setup brother.
Then go for 52v (at least) 35ah batteries. I think you will be able to overvolt through that controller/controllers to that level.

Once you get your hands on the ebike and start tinkering around you'll learn quick ;)
Yeah as soon as I get the bike. I'll get you controller/s specs amperage or what ever you might need for specs. Then you can be dreaming in your head what we can do to modify it to get me to 45-50mph range or faster. But I'd like to keep my torque. I've heard of some guys already finding programming hacks for the controller & gaining speed among a couple other things. Thanks again for guiding me along.

Guys & gals I'm thinking of venturing to a electric bike/moped. What would be a good bike to buy for a $2000 limit. It's got to be dual suspension & would like a fat tires 20" tall or taller. I've been thinking about the ENGWE M20 Dual battery model. Any of electric freaks out there like to give me a good recommendation on what to look at. Thanks.View attachment 197656
Yeah that's nice but I got one on a budget from Amazon! The totgaurd ebike.

Back