Thoughts on pocket bike exhaust?

6blueoval9

Local time
3:18 PM
Has anyone tried one? Thoughts on it?

For the price of a stock exhaust would it not be better to go with a pocket bike exhaust for less than $30 with a silencer.

I found one YouTube video with the 49cc pocket bike exhaust on a motored bike and it sounds way better than the stock exhaust...I can't imagine it not performing better at least in low end and midrange.

I've gotta couple of them pipes ready to try but I'm heavily involved with studying for the new job.
You work at a trade for 30 years and ya think you know everything, but all them stupid formulas!
And I know I'm gonna have some kid try to show me up, and probably gonna do it too!

Anyway, I think it is a great idea and I will be trying it myself.

For the price of a stock exhaust would it not be better to go with a pocket bike exhaust for less than $30 with a silencer.

I found one YouTube video with the 49cc pocket bike exhaust on a motored bike and it sounds way better than the stock exhaust...I can't imagine it not performing better at least in low end and midrange.

Go for it. Has to be at least as good as the stupid stock muffler. Looks good and will keep the noise down. Just don't expect it to offer the rewards of a real expansion chamber. Good cheap alternative.

I use them alot cut them up,change the header lengths and dia,And some work great some are just crap,finding good sized chambers are not less than $30 though the truly good ones can retail for more than the MZ65 pipe or even some scooter pipes witch IMO are the best suited to a true performance engine.The chambers are designed for 50-70cc high rpm use you just have to get the header length right to stage it a bit lower.I've had good results with these ones.

Attachments

• 2017-06-22 16.17.01.jpg
    2017-06-22 16.17.01.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 2017-08-27 17.55.17.jpg
    2017-08-27 17.55.17.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 2017-08-25 17.07.22.jpg
    2017-08-25 17.07.22.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 263
I use them alot cut them up,change the header lengths and dia,And some work great some are just crap,finding good sized chambers are not less than $30 though the truly good ones can retail for more than the MZ65 pipe or even some scooter pipes witch IMO are the best suited to a true performance engine.The chambers are designed for 50-70cc high rpm use you just have to get the header length right to stage it a bit lower.I've had good results with these ones.

Yea, my thoughts were to use the pipe from the stock exhaust as I'll need the 40mm flange anyways and want the circular opening ( particular pipe below uses a squared flange) then play with length and silencers.

For the price it would be fun to play with at least.

This is the pipe I was looking at..less than $35 shipped.
QTEX303243-2.jpg

Last edited:
I've gotta couple of them pipes ready to try but I'm heavily involved with studying for the new job.
You work at a trade for 30 years and ya think you know everything, but all them stupid formulas!
And I know I'm gonna have some kid try to show me up, and probably gonna do it too!

Anyway, I think it is a great idea and I will be trying it myself.
Lol..sometimes the young ones have a knack at trying to prove experience wrong.

Last edited:
Back