Threadlocker question

Not to an effective enough degree, it might do some good, but I doubt it. If you can't afford a couple tubes of Loc Tite Gel [ Red and Blue ] you could use nail polish. Screw bolt in slightly tight, back out 3 turns, apply nail polish to bolt head, tighten down. Cured nail polish makes an excellent threadlocker. I personally use, and highly recommend, Loc Tite Stick, or Gel, I dislike the liquid, tends to squirt where not wanted, never know how much is left in tube, does go bad. The stick or gel can be applied long before bolts are tightened, and doesn't set until torqued. Stick or gel stays workable in container, doesn't dry out, there when needed. Allow 24 hours to cure, before use.

A buddy of mine does us RTV for locking threads.
I doubt it works well unless the fastener is oil free. Haven't used it myself but I know taking pipe fittings off with it on them, that there is a lot of drag.

Depends on where your using it. Intake/Exhaust? Near or far away from hot parts of engine? I could imagine it helping with nuts that vibrate out of place XD

Back