Tons of compression

what a classic example of the danger of having too wide an exhaust port. (please I'm dying to know who did it. send a private message to me)
Measure the width of the two pistons to see if they differ.
I'm not up on all the different rods. With my calculator and a scale you can figure out exactly what is needed to balance it.

I didn't want to tear my motor apart at this time, I guess I'm SOL. Still the endeavor continues, and just broke my dremel into 30 pieces with an axe. And everyone won't shut up, everyone finds it imperative to bother me somehow tonight. So I also think I ramped too high on my transfers. I'm having a stressful night, only guy nearby with a dremel is probably sleeping. Got a piston to cut and still have port work left to do s**t...

Everything is motherf***ing f***ed up.

The pistons are identical in every way but the a and B marks, I'll send you a pm.

More modern marvels.. This picture shows 2 pistons, both have a MNT raised lettering inside the skirt, both from the same seller, both are the same height hole, commonly called an A piston.
View attachment 73810

The left image has a raised A, the second, B

You see what I deal with?!?,..!
I believe those pistons have different diameters. I know there are 4 different molds for pistons of 4 different sizes and I believe those raised letters denote which piston you've got. take a micrometer to it, I bet one will be a few tenths bigger

I'll take a ruler to it but far as I know they use a cnc machine to do the final cut, doesn't matter what the plug size is the computer sculpts them out exactly the same.

However if what you are saying is true, what is the purpose of having 4 forms each being a tenth of anything different?

it's tenth of a thou. the idea is to put bigger or smaller pistons in bores that are out of spec. whether or not that happens at final assembly I don't know, but smart money says it doesn't.

Did you expect anyone in China to use a micrometer on a million cylinders and pick a corresponding piston? My piston has jiggle room probably a fifth of a millimeter just alone, let alone getting within a tenth of a thousandth (youre talking inches right?)

Like you said, zen math.

Back