Transfer Port Theory

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Here's a graph showing the differences in exhaust port ratios to engine displacement when the ports are all at 65% of bore.
exhratios.gif

I barely made it through because everything he wrote was for engineers familiar with many complex formulas.

And so because you don't understand higher math you came up with simplistic formulas.

The chart above is meaningless.You can have large bore and small bore versions of the same displacement , long and short connecting rods etc etc, etc

The chart makes the same former assumptions, that the engines have equal bore and stroke and that they all have 183 degree exhaust durations. Also their connecting rods are twice the length of the piston stroke.

There is only one way to validate theories - fire up the dyno and make a youtube video of the whole event.

Any other method is jut simply email tennis, that will go on and on and on without conclusion.

The bull-s.h.i.t stops when the dyno rocks with a video to prove it !!!

I'm not proposing a theory here. It's a measurable and calculable fact concerning the ratio of areas. And its already well known what changes to exhaust ports does to power and to the powerband. Transfer port design has a bit more grey area though. You can learn all the general assumptions concerning it, but you'll still find surprises when doing lots of changes and testing them out.

If there were valid engineering principles being discussed my attitude would different.

Thats why hes banned for life from the other forum?

Can you say plagerism? anyone can cut and paste...

http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/forums.html

This is the garbage that he posts about people who disagree with him.

I didn't see him claiming to have discovered anything that someone else did. On the contrary he makes lot's of references to those that discovered the things he speaks about. I'm definitely glad he's been collecting lots of information and formating it so the layman can get some results in tuning a two stroke. I'm against keeping the masses dumbed down and anybody having proprietary secrets if I can get my hands on them. I think all info must be made open and accessible to all. I like the way he's put it out and goes around explaining things for free.
So he had a disagreement on another forum where the owner likes to get his way in all discussions. That's no big deal. Such things happen all the time. I think it's nicer to be on a forum where the owner isn't interested in swaying all the discussions. More of a neutral territory for learning and growing. Nobody feels repressed here I suppose.
I saw what he posted, and obviously he was quite offended. Once I asked him if he might consider burying the hatchet (the nice way), and he answered that he would only do so if those guys or that guy(sorry, my memory) publicly apologized for jumping the gun and insulting him about the jbweld for transfer correction that time. He said he doesn't believe that fellow would ever do that though.
Maybe you guys oughta try to put it all in the past? If you are of course that fella from the other forum - that we think you might be ;-) Please, take no offense for my active imagination in case I'm mistaken.
After all, we all really can learn new things that even the greats might have passed up during decades of experiments of theirs. I like the way Jaguar has gone out of the way to help. I've noticed that he easily admits when he was mistaken for the sake of getting things right....scientific dedication and all. He's really not a difficult person at all....unless he feels someone wiped their feet on him. I guess he's pretty feisty when he's mad.
So it's just a question of trying to understand the other fellows point of observing things.
Well, that's my two cents worth. I'd rather see people get along than waste time and nerves on conflict. After all, I think we're all wild about tuning and riding these fantastic little fart-copters! Look I'm a bicycle, ah ha ha! Look I'm a rocket - whoosh! A bicycle again! =-)

I'm against keeping the masses dumbed down and anybody having proprietary secrets if I can get my hands on them. I think all info must be made open and accessible to all.

End of conversation.

Back